Motorola Droid T2 Dual CPU Super Phone?!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
So, is anyone going to jump to ATT for this? I mean, really. I am not waiting for it to come to Verizon. May look at Incredible HD or that LG phone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

DKunch

Reaction score
4.7" screen??? thats just a little ridiculous... I wish they would just make it 4" and call it a day... 4.3'' is to big as it is... The 4" screen on the Fascinate is IMO the best size screen out. Its not huge like the DX/Evo.. But its a lil bigger then the D1&2 which makes it a perfect fit. and i also agree i wish it was slightly wider and now so narrow

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
There's another thread on here about the Olympus. From what I understand these phones are the same. It's gonna have a 4 in screen and be an LTE global phone. And no it won't be out this year. Att will get it first though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Aram58

Reaction score
4.7" screen??? thats just a little ridiculous... I wish they would just make it 4" and call it a day... 4.3'' is to big as it is... The 4" screen on the Fascinate is IMO the best size screen out. Its not huge like the DX/Evo.. But its a lil bigger then the D1&2 which makes it a perfect fit. and i also agree i wish it was slightly wider and now so narrow

Yea I can't use swype on the droid x because it's so big. The narrow and long screen might make it easier though. I understand that a long and skinny screen might seem like a turn off at first but it makes sense when you think about it. An onscreen keyboard takes half the screen and making it longer accounts for this.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Remember when the big thing in cell phones was making them SMALLER? :)

Haha....On a side note, caught a James Bond on tv last night (one of the newer ones) and in it he finds a bad guy's cell phone (don't think it was his) and he had to hit like 10 buttons to see a message in the inbox.

It just made me think about this board and laugh. Even the old James Bond's retain a lot of the magic because most of that stuff would still be cutting edge. But, wow, they need to be careful about dating the movies with computers and cell phones.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I can see it now...

Quad-core, 3.5GHz cell phone with a 500GB HARD DRIVE built in, full-sized fold-out keyboard.

Roughly the size of the phone the guys on the A-Team TV show used. ;)

DanielC

Reaction score
I can see it now...

Quad-core, 3.5GHz cell phone with a 500GB HARD DRIVE built in, full-sized fold-out keyboard.

Roughly the size of the phone the guys on the A-Team TV show used. ;)

Harddrives will not be in phones, Flash storage is the way to go dancedroid

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
4.8" screen? Why don't I just carry my freakin' laptop. Too big Moto, just too damn big. =-(

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
4.8" screen? Why don't I just carry my freakin' laptop. Too big Moto, just too damn big. =-(

That's why, maybe other than battery life, the next big breakthrough will be an expandable screen that can double or triple in size either by "unrolling" or "unfolding". Just imagine a 4.3" (2.5 x 3.5) screen that you sort of stretch to make into an 8.3" (7.5 x 3.5) screen. I think that would be about the perfect phone. The tech is out there just a question of how long before it becomes commercial and then available in phones.

Aram58

Reaction score
I dont get what you mean by stretching a screen.