Motorola Droid "Superphone"

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Everyone is whining about a freakin camera... did you not read that it will have full hd capturing? I'm sure they ( they being motorola, with thousands of employees smarter than much of you) will probably put a pretty nice camera on it. People complain and nitpick about every single thing they can. Do you remember cell phones 10 years ago? People used to actually be astonished when new technology and devices came out; now they can sit there and complain "It doesn't tie my shoes, it doesn't change the baby, it doesn't make me french toast, blah blah blah" Why don't you go start a cell phone manufacturing company and put all the features you want in it.

Play devils advocate or troll much? My opinion isn't just that, it's simply logical to include high end components in a marketed high end device. Talking about what was 10 years ago has absolutely no bearing at all on the topic, today is today and tomorrow is tomorrow. Today we have technology available for better quality pictures and manufacturers that are not taking advantage of it, apparently even for tomorrow. This isn't some absurd request here.

Stop being so dramatic.

beardRage

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading an article about lg working on the env touch 2, and that it was supposed to be android powered.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so, this would seem to be the long-rumored phone that was originally (but mistakenly) dubbed the Pro; but then later (and apparently mistakenly, as well) dubbed the Sick/A957?? T2 - i like that!

ck, any rumor as to whether it will have the physical keyboard? (and before everyone gets all up in arms about being critical/nitpicky, i'm just curious, nothing more... :)) THIS is the phone i've been waiting for.........hopefully! lol

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Husker there is zero info on a physical keyboard right now. You are correct though. This is the "superphone" that was referenced a while back (Droid Pro/Sick/A957)

Again I will say though. This is only rumor at this point. Specs will change BUT most importantly we do know there is a Tidal wave out there: )

How big, when and where it will hit is anybody's guess at this time but the Holiday's look to be the best guesstimate.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tidal wave - good analogy!! i was just thinking the other day how disappointing it would be if Moto, after its reemergence with the Droid line, failed to capitalize and live up to Sanjay Ja's summer promise. this is very, very good news!! altho, not so good news on the domestic tranquility front - my wife is gonna kill me when i start talking early upgrade... :D

now, for the important question - what's the over/under on birdman and koush cracking the bootloader?! HA!!

pilot25

Reaction score
Husker there is zero info on a physical keyboard right now. You are correct though. This is the "superphone" that was referenced a while back (Droid Pro/Sick/A957)

Again I will say though. This is only rumor at this point. Specs will change BUT most importantly we do know there is a Tidal wave out there: )

How big, when and where it will hit is anybody's guess at this time but the Holiday's look to be the best guesstimate.

Hopefully it doesn't have a physical keyboard. I bought the droid1 because it has it and now, with multi-touch, I never use it. I'm ready to upgrade!! Droid1 is now really slow and unresponsive at times. Time for something new.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Am I the only person also looking forward to a slide out virtual keyboard that was rumored some time ago? Best of both worlds IMO, you get to keep full screen view and have virtual keys. Could be cool.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would be up for that too, as long as the batt could last longer than 2 hrs running 2 screens... :)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
i would be up for that too, as long as the batt could last longer than 2 hrs running 2 screens... :)

Yea true, but the keyboard wouldn't have to be very bright, perhaps with auto-brightness enabled, and it would only be on when actually typing. At least for me it wouldn't be an issue I don't think.

But think of the benefits, want a different keyboard? Just download it and boom, your slide out changes to whatever you want. Want different size keys? Boom. Want custom Keys? Boom. Different colors? Boom.

I like the idea.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I like the idea of the slide out-vbk as well. Will push the form factor envelope some. Plus it's just really cool looking.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think it would be cool, but battery life would probably be horrible though. At least I think so anyway.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
check out this prototype pic (pure speculation, of course) from a related thread. i think this would keep both of us happy (and probably many others as well) - a virtual touch keyboard, that isn't another on-screen keyboard. imo, smokin'!!!

nvidia-tegra2-concept.jpg

Yea true, but the keyboard wouldn't have to be very bright, perhaps with auto-brightness enabled, and it would only be on when actually typing. At least for me it wouldn't be an issue I don't think.

But think of the benefits, want a different keyboard? Just download it and boom, your slide out changes to whatever you want. Want different size keys? Boom. Want custom Keys? Boom. Different colors? Boom.

I like the idea.

alias.in.pdx

Reaction score
Am I the only person also looking forward to a slide out virtual keyboard that was rumored some time ago? Best of both worlds IMO, you get to keep full screen view and have virtual keys. Could be cool.

Nope. You're not the only one. I love my slide out keyboard. The only stipulation I had to upgrading to a smart phone. It is most definitely the best of both worlds plus, I'm used to it. Glad to know someone else feels the same way. Just sayin.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk