motorola droid stuck in 'm' screen

adrenaline

Reaction score
I've tried taking out the battery and just powering back on. I tried doing a factory reset in recovery mode and it still goes back to the 'm' screen and doesn't fully reboot. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? This is with ultimate droid extreme v 4.7

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Without knowing exactly what you were doing leading up to this, there's no way to advise other than saying "flash a stock SBF and start over". If you'd like to avoid that, please provide more information such as:

What were you doing that the phone locked in the bootloop? Do you have any nandroid/clockwork backups? Are you running SPRecovery or ClockworkMOD Recovery? Anything else that might prove pertinent would be useful as well.

straightahead

Reaction score
sounds like you are not doing the right update if you read the boards ultimatedroid current version is 7.o.1
I've tried taking out the battery and just powering back on. I tried doing a factory reset in recovery mode and it still goes back to the 'm' screen and doesn't fully reboot. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? This is with ultimate droid extreme v 4.7

OP
A

adrenaline

Reaction score
Well...I actually started having issues with the rom just in the last few days...adding different kernels to see what would work well. It would reboot on it's own, foreclose apps i was running and it says i have the new version of flash...and i have it on my phone, but when trying to few anything that requires it...it says I have to download it. which i do....AGAIN...and it still says I don't have it. I flashed the stock rom to my phone from my pc and when i went to add it in recovery mode, it would abort the update. then i finally got desperate after googling my issue for the last several days...and in recovery mode...reformatted the phone and sd card. I have a feeling thats what did it. now i can't even power it back on. it was stuck on the 'm' screen...now it does nothing. lol I think i killed my droid. lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You may have killed the battery charge. Formatting the phone phone via recovery should in no way kill the phone.

Got another phone, friend with a Droid, or an external charger?