Motorola Droid - Sluggish desktop

RicCrouch

Reaction score
I have had the same problem sinse Froyo came out. After trying the following, I can safely say it is not caused by:
- Live wallpaper
- the music widget
- the weather channel widget
- any OTHER widget (I removed them all)
- uncleared cache
- Advanced Task Killer
- Low system memory
- folders on the desktop

Any more ideas?

Ric

billyk

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I tried LauncherPro and the problem was fixed. Fast, snappy response. Nice.

turdbogls

Reaction score
the problem is not with Launcher Pro, or widgets or anything like that. the problem is with Froyo. it kicks the launcher out of memory when the phone is doing other things. since the D1 doesn't have much RAM, the launcher is usually the first thing to get kicked out, hence the screen redraws/slow loading.

unfortunately there is no true cure for this, and the only thing i have seen that significantly helps this in the long run (usually clearing caches only helps for a couple days or so) is only for ROOT users.

terminal commands or root explorer are needed to do this. but i had terrible redraws when coming back to launcher pro....i did this over a week ago and have had only a couple since that i contribute to coming from landscape to vertical.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...draw-launcherpro-adw-credit-samsonite801.html
that is using terminal emulator, but i believe you can physically go into the folder and add whatever needs to be added.