Motorola droid searching for service

Indy

Reaction score
I am new to this. Joined to see if someone can help me with my Verizon motorola droid. I have had the phone for over two years and a couple days ago it stopped getting service. My wife's phone and my kids phones all work... So yes, I paid my bill. If I dial a phone number it says "mobile network not available." In the top part of my phone's screen where the " bars" are located... I have the bars grayed out and a little x above them. I have tried the hard rest... Nothing. I can connect via my wifi and can get my corporate email, contacts and calendar. My gmail works as well via my wifi.

Since the bionic is not available... I want to baby this phone along. Can anyone help?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Is it roaming "in Extended Network" my OG Droid has randomly been going into roaming for no reason here lately. I've did *228 and it still keeps up. I'm thankin of calling verizon cause I believe its on their end or something.

Sent from my Moto Droid

OP
I

Indy

Reaction score
I have tried the *228... Didn't work. It doesn't seem to be stuck on the roaming in the extended network. Thanks for the posts.

portermac

Reaction score
Mine has been doing similar lately waking up to no data connection. Wifi will work but when I leave home it will not show 3g or 1x. I just have to reboot and it fixes it. I would try a Prl update *22891 That will take you to it and do it automatically. Good luck
Mine D1 is getting worse every day. Just have hopefully 3 more weeks till all is good again with my new bionic.