Motorola Droid Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by erinbobola, Aug 28, 2010.

1. erinbobola

erinbobola New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone has had three issues with not turning on / the screen. The first two times the screen and phone wouldn't work, but the screen would glow, as you could see that the battery was operating, and that there were no cracks on the screen. But the home keys and physical keyboard would not glow/respond. Intially, both issues fixed themselves, the first time it took 2 days of rest for the phone to turn on, and the second time it took about 15 minutes for the phone to turn back on. Both of these problems were the result of a slight drop, less than 2 feet. Now, my current issue is that my phone screen JUST won't work. I dropped my phone today and that's when the problems started. I can get a response from my phone though. The home keys turn on, the physical keyboard turns on. I can also feel my phone unlock when I touch the screen. It's just that the screen won't turn on. It's not even glowing like the previous issues. And the screen is not physically broken. There are no cracks present. I'm not sure what to do. Should I bring it into Verizon for a replacement phone, or is there a quick fix that I can use?
    Also, if I did get a new replacement phone, would the dates that are put into my calendar be saved?
    I have alot of important dates put into my phone...and it's important that I get those dates back.

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Sounds like you need a replacement. If you are using Google calendar everything will restore.

Mike

3. erinbobola

erinbobola New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is the google calendar the regular phone "calendar" on the droid?

4. akasoldats

akasoldats New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently dropped my phone and have the same problem... I can feel the screen unlock and can even here calls and txt when I get them. But the screen doesn't display anything... Did you end up getting your replaced or find a fix?

Search tags for this page
droid bp6x blank screen
how can i fix the screen my motorola bp6x phone
how to fix my screen on my motorola bp6x
how to fix touch screen problem on motorola bp6x
motorola bp6x screen not working
motorola bp6x screen wont work
motorola droid 2 screen problems

motorola droid display not working

motorola droid screen not working

motorola verizon droid bp6x black screen problem