Motorola Droid Receiving Update for Xmas?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-2210.jpg

The Motorola Droid might feel like it's getting a bit older after turning 1 year old last month (that's like 35 in cell phone years), but it's still holds the title as the most popular Android phone in the galaxy. If your worried about the end of life for software updates, your in for a treat. Motorola has just sent out an email to members of the Motorola Feedback Network announcing a pre-launch "soak" test. While we are crossing our fingers for an official Gingerbread version coming to the Droid, it could be simply an update to 2.2. Complete e-mail posted below:

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We value your input!

We recently learned of an opportunity to test new software for the original Droid in advance of wide release. These pre-launch “soak” tests are becoming increasingly common for Android phones. Naturally, we want to get as many Motorola Feedback Members involved as possible.

If you are interested in taking part, please re-register for the Motorola Feedback Network using this link. The new registration process is much shorter than the older one. If you register and provide the required information and permissions, you will be invited to take part in the upcoming test for Droid. We will contact you about the test when the time is right.

If you are now using a different Motorola phone, please re-register as well, so we can include you in projects for your current phone. (If you click the link above and find you don’t end up on the survey, but on a forum page entitled “Thanks for registering for the Motorola Feedback Network!” please read that page for an explanation.)

Please respond as soon as possible. There is a limit to how many Motorola Feedback Network members we can include, and we will work on a first come, first served basis.
Regards,
- Matt

Motorola Owners’ Forums
Motorola Feedback Network
Source: Droid-Llife.com

comk4ver

Reaction score
So I take us normal astro-droid err humans can't part take in this test run right? Besides I'm rooted who wants to mess that up right? Would be nice if someone around here could be in and let us know when humanly possible after all there's bound to be confideniality clauses right?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought FRG01B was already out for this?

The pic used in the blog post was of the original announcement for FRG01B, with some changes made to it.

No one is sure at this point whether or not this really IS 2.3; I for one have a feeling it might not be, and is more likely 2.2.1 (perhaps the FRG83 leak that is floating around). Just speculating, but I have a strange feeling i'm close to being correct.