1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola DROID RAZR Will be on Store Shelves on Nov. 10

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wicked, Oct 31, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Thanks to Droid-Life, we now have a confirmed date of Nov. 10th for the launch of the DROID RAZR. The RAZR will be $299 on new 2-year contract or $649 at full retail. It packs a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4.3″ Super AMOLED Advanced display, is the thinnest smartphone around at 7.1mm, and 4G LTE speeds on the Verizon network.

Be sure to visit our sister site dedicated to the Motorola Droid RAZR at http://www.razrforums.com

S
    ource: Droid-Life
  2. wicked

So who's grabbing one of these?
  3. Chatchie

Chatchie New Member

Ill be buying a different phone but if VZW/Motorola was smart they would release this phone in different colors like the old Razrs. "OMG it comes in PINK! I used to have a pink Razr!"

I think it would sell rather well.
  4. wicked

You getting the Nexus?
  5. crwys

crwys New Member

I am grabbing one of these but not for a while.
  6. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

I'm in. But your knew this!!! :biggrin:
  7. bigdad63

bigdad63 New Member

Vigor is starting to look good as well. I'm a little disappointed about the potential delay of the nexus. Wanted to get hands on with all 3 b4 I made my decision, but the d1 is on its last legs. Any one of the three will be a huge step up from what I have now.
  8. newparadigm

newparadigm New Member

If only they would de-crypt the bootloader....
  9. Willyammer

Willyammer New Member

I'm in the same boat - like many, I got mine the 1st day it came out. It now crawls along, stutters and staggers. I've got 3 batteries that I swap out all day if I'm not near power. :blink:
  10. Chatchie

Chatchie New Member

Indeed.
  11. Lars

Lars New Member

I am also in this boat. I think I am still holding out for the Nexus, but if there isn't an official announcement regarding the release date soon I might cave and get the Razr. I've been saving a little extra money over the past few months in anticipation of my upgrade, and I don't know how much longer I can hold out. The battery on my OG Droid is fine, but it is almost unbearably slow. My wife has the TB and I am always in awe of how responsive her phone is compared to mine.
  12. mikeinctown

mikeinctown New Member

Thank goodness it isn't just me. Even though I have added very few apps lately and have deleted even more, my phone now crawls at times. The power button is busted and I need to press it in just right to get it to work. Can't wait for a new phone in the next month or so.
  13. James9109

James9109 New Member

Think I'm going to stick with my bolt for now, and see what comes around next fall unless my bolt somehow gets damaged or takes a ****.
  14. bigdad63

bigdad63 New Member

While I would love to have the Razr rooted and rommed, I think I'll be ok if it doesn't happen though because the biggest reason I wanted the code cracked before was to get rid of bloatware so my d1 wouldn't lag so much. Whatever I upgrade to will Have 4 times the memory and a much better dual core processor, a much better screen, 4g and the list goes on and on. Hopefully they can crack it, but if they don't it will be like going from Flintstones to the Jetsons for me (showing my age again).
  15. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

I'm sorry you guys are having such issues with your OGs, mine luckily is running faster / cooler than ever. Patiently waiting for the nexus no matter how long it takes.
  16. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

Same here. I'm not caving on another phone unless I have to. I'll admit I'm anxious though!
  17. Lars

Lars New Member

What are you running on yours? I've bounced around with a few different ROMs and running at 1 GHz but it's still slow. I finally found a ROM (Project Elite) that isn't taking up too much memory, but occasionally an app will be running in the background and cause overheating and battery usage, and on the rarest of occasions I will get a random restart.

I think I can wait another month, but if the reviews on the Razr are amazing I might jump off the Nexus ship.
  18. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

CyanogenMod 6 Nightly 248 with primes deprimed kernel. 900 mhz on demand. The deprimed kernel is by far the fastest and coolest kernel I've used. This combination is as good as my OG has ever been and I've tried essentially every combination.
  19. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

See, this is why it's time to get a new phone. Loading Rom A because it's faster than Rom B, but finding out Rom B doesn't run as smoothly as one would like, so I load up Kernel A, but Kernel A doesn't run as well as Kernel B, but Kernel B doesn't like my new Rom, and so on and so on. I'm ready to go back to simplicity: a phone that runs fast now, and will run fast in 2 years when it's time to upgrade. No more Roms, and hopefully no more rooting necessary.
  20. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

I've been running Pete Alfonso's Bugless Beast (GPA19) for nearly a week, with ChevyNo1's 1.1GHz low-voltage kernel. I have 'interactive' scaling set, and I haven't had any overheating or sluggishness yet. Like mikeinctown however, my power button doesn't function like it used to, and I have to press it rather hard to turn the screen on/off. It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of a pain. As much as I love having a physical keyboard on my device, I'm gonna wait until the G-Nex drops then go get some hands-on time with it to see what I think. That phone looks mad sexy, and I'm itching for an upgrade!