Motorola Droid RAZR Passes FCC with Global GSM and Verizon LTE Radios

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
razr1-fcc.jpg

Good news Verizon users! It is all but officially confirmed that the Motorola Droid RAZR will be coming to Verizon. The phone just passed through the FCC yesterday with a global GSM and a Verizon LTE radio. So, not only will it come to Verizon, but it is also very likely that it could be the first global LTE device for the carrier.

Source: Engadget

jcardona1

Reaction score
I'm confused. Is this about the Razr or the Nexus? Your post says Nexus, title says Razr

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man! Talk about typos.

Yep... that typo was a doozy. I am swamped with a ton of stories to write today regarding both devices, and other stuff as well. Musta mixed one story with another in my brain. There is so much going on from the two releases yesterday, my head is spinning. :wacko: lol

Wraith

Reaction score
Wow. 3 antennae. Somone should figure out how to have 1 antenna for 3 transmissions.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Antenna design has become more art than science. Originally we used 1/4 wave length designs (remember the 101" whip for CB). New designs have come a long way to reduce size yet keep performance. Combining them would create isolation and EMI issues.