Motorola Droid RAZR HD Video & Jell Bean Upgrade News From Motorola Worth $100 Bucks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;K2zDApeDXJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K2zDApeDXJc[/video]​

Here's a Motorola Droid RAZR HD Video Tour that shows off the "all day capabilities" of the device. It's awesome to see that Motorola keeps pushing to improve energy efficiency and larger batteries with their devices. Really, this is just a commercial for the device, but it's cool to check out nonetheless. Also, we have some more useful info. During the press event, Motorola promised they would be upgrading as many smart devices as possible to Jelly Bean in the coming months. They later announced that for the ones that can't be upgraded (with some restrictions) they will offer customers a $100 rebate toward the purchase of one of their newest phones. Not bad!

Update: Here is the link to the rebate program: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm all but certain my OG Droid is on the "not upgradable" list. Sign me up!

-Matt

les017

Reaction score
We'll see about my Bionic, but I'd love some help for my wife's X2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So if you bought a bionic or a d3 last year on a renewal, motorola is going to give you $100 to use toward the full retail price of the razr m, razr (maxx) hd I think that is a great deal :angry:.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
So if you bought a bionic or a d3 last year on a renewal, motorola is going to give you $100 to use toward the full retail price of the razr m, razr (maxx) hd I think that is a great deal :angry:.

where did you hear this? that's actually not a terribly bad deal if you can find this for 549 like I found the D4 making it only 449 I'd pay that for this... not that I'm particularly excited about this phone... it is however, better than my bionic.

npro1464

Reaction score
So the big question: Can we trade in our old OG Droids laying around the house for $100? Hate to break down and get a phone with a locked bl, but if so, this might possibly be my next phone.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the big question: Can we trade in our old OG Droids laying around the house for $100? Hate to break down and get a phone with a locked bl, but if so, this might possibly be my next phone.

I tool would like to know the answer to this. I have a GNex now, and have no need to get a new phone, but would be nice to know incase my spouse wants to get a smartphone.

Jdanner46

Reaction score
So I guess we will have another forum tracking when we get JB for our phones, like we had for the UCS upgrade

dwhisent

Reaction score

No, they stated that during the presentation that they would upgrade phones released in 2011 to JB, but if those couldn't be upgraded due to limitations, they would be worth $100 credit toward one of the new ones. Wouldn't include the OG Droid, but would include the Bionic if they don't upgrade it to JB.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
What moto should do for us bionic owners, instead of the hundred dollars is allow us to trade our phone in for one of the newer moto phones, even swap for all our troubles.