Motorola Droid Razr available memory for apps

igi9

Reaction score
Hi, I want buy Motorola Droid Razr. I want to know how much available memory for applications?

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Hi, I want buy Motorola Droid Razr. I want to know how much available memory for applications?

I have the razr and it has tons of available memory, but the problem is how many things you want open and running? The more stuff open and running the faster battery drains down.

OP
I

igi9

Reaction score
I do not thing memory for running apps but I want to know storage for installing apps? I have Motorola Milestone and Milestone have only 150 Mb storage for installing apps. I do not know English well because I am from Slovakia.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I do not thing memory for running apps but I want to know storage for installing apps? I have Motorola Milestone and Milestone have only 150 Mb storage for installing apps. I do not know English well because I am from Slovakia.

Ohh ok well just to store them there the internal 16GB is divided up 8 gb for system the other 8 gb is for apps on the phone. There is the 16GB card expandable to 32GB that you can use for space for apps also.

OP
I

igi9

Reaction score
It´s great because 150 Mb in my Milestone is a very few. Thanks :)

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
It´s great because 150 Mb in my Milestone is a very few. Thanks :)

Trust me I know. I had the same before upgrading. I couldnt install things like nfl and google plus at the same time with NFS Shift and angry birds. Kept getting low memory warnings.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Ohh ok well just to store them there the internal 16GB is divided up 8 gb for system the other 8 gb is for apps on the phone. There is the 16GB card expandable to 32GB that you can use for space for apps also.

I think the internal memory is partitioned a little differently with that.

if you go settings>applications>manage applications...

On my phone in the Downloaded tab it shows I am 488mb out of 2.5GB available. Same number for the All tab.
If I go to the Media Area tab, it shows I am at 703mb used out of 7.3GB

Seems to me OS and Apps installed to their default location are in the same partition, and then the second 6mb partition is where you find the stuff in the "Internal Storage" if you use the Files browser app.

Since you can move apps to the "Media Area", I'd guess you have about 10 to 10.5g of area you could potentially install apps to, built into the phone.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I think the internal memory is partitioned a little differently with that.

if you go settings>applications>manage applications...

On my phone in the Downloaded tab it shows I am 488mb out of 2.5GB available. Same number for the All tab.
If I go to the Media Area tab, it shows I am at 703mb used out of 7.3GB

Seems to me OS and Apps installed to their default location are in the same partition, and then the second 6mb partition is where you find the stuff in the "Internal Storage" if you use the Files browser app.

Since you can move apps to the "Media Area", I'd guess you have about 10 to 10.5g of area you could potentially install apps to, built into the phone.

wow my phone looks nothing like that. Also the store model on display says the same as mine where I work. Within some small things installed and changes.