motorola droid question please

remnant

Reaction score
so i found a fine deal on craigslist..
it will be my first smart phone. can you guys please give me some reviews on it? personal experience. or if i should save up and get a droid x.. if it will make a huge difference? idc too much about all the techy stuff. i just want a phone thats fast, takes good pics and vids, and is easy. is he motorola droid a fit? i am 15 btw.
thanks

brando56894

Reaction score
Its an amazing phone, but in the grand scheme of things its on its way to becoming a dinosaur (its already discontinued, you cant by a new one from verizon). It has a slow processor (compared to current phones), very little internal storage and a small amount of RAM. Most of this can be remedied by rooting and overclocking your phone but that requires a little know how and a fair amount of tweaking.

I would say get the droid if you want a phone that is easy to root/modify but considering you not a geek (like me!) I'd say wait a month or three and get a dual core phone since theyre going to be bad a$$. Or you could scoop up the HTC Thunderbolt which is most likely coming out in February.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Buy some cologne and get a girl friend.
Or a guitar.
A phone?
I got mine for free from Verizon for a 2 year contract. See what you can work out.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the only thing the Droid has going for it right now is that it can be safely rooted and hacked all over the place. I've had mine since November of 2009 and have seen nothing yet that I will give it up for. The rumors about the Droid X2 are looking pretty good though.

If you do buy the phone, make arrangements to meet the seller at a Verizon store and do not pay until Verizon hooks it up to your account and it works. If you can't do that, you may end up with a phone that has been black listed due to unpaid Verizon bill or some such issue. These issues can not be resolved by the buyer. You will end up with a phone that can not be used.

Good luck with your first phone!!!