Motorola Droid Pro

dave4100

Reaction score
I got my phone in December on a 1 year contract and was told I could upgrade in October.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I just checked to see, and being on a two year contract, "new every two" program (which is actually new every twenty months) and having upgraded on "drop day" 11/06/2009 I am not eligible for an upgrade untill 7/06/2011,

What they should do is give out early upgrade discounts for people who pre-ordered their MotoDroids, if not I might have to break out the Best Buy Credit Card or just wait and I don't really think that's possible for a phone like the "DroidPro"

dave4100

Reaction score
I won't upgrade until significant upgrades are in place. The Pro might be the one, but I'm looking even beyond that for my next phone. Smal incremental upgrades don't intrest me. It has to be significant enough to warrant a new contract. Even though I'm on a one year contract, it will probably be next summer before I upgrade.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I won't upgrade until significant upgrades are in place. The Pro might be the one, but I'm looking even beyond that for my next phone. Smal incremental upgrades don't intrest me. It has to be significant enough to warrant a new contract. Even though I'm on a one year contract, it will probably be next summer before I upgrade.

I agree with this, I am not going to upgrade just because they take a Droid, slap a bigger screen on it and an X in the title of the name, but if the DroidPro lives up to it's name it will be the one for me, for sure.

You have to think about the Droid itself, when it came out it was alright for what it was, and very quickly it became the best of the best, customizable in every way, top notch software upgrades, and I am sure before it is said and done we will get at least the official 2.2 upgrade.

It's kind of like Android itself is still in the Beta Stages and we are the testers, I am sure Google and Android has made and kept it an "Open-Source" for a reason. So they can see what the real users want and what we can come up with (not what some DoofBall at the top thinks we need or wants us to have). If they can take what we have made the Droid into, and put that and everything else we demand; Front Facing Camera, HDMI Output, HD Recording, Dual Processors, More RAM, Internal Memory, Better Battery, Bigger Screen, 4G, etc, and leave room for software upgrades the DroidPro would be it for me for sure

All I have to say is, take your time Motorola and Google, I can wait

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid x has many more upgrades then just a bigger screen, but that's all been covered in the Shadow thread. Even so, my Moto Droid will definitely hold me over until the Droid pro is released.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's crazy. Theoretically, with 2ghz processor and 1gig ram, that phone would be competitive with LAPTOPS from just 3-4 years ago.

If they worked in a dual processor...then if Droid was the IPhone killer, DroidPro would be the PC killer. HDMI output to a monitor, connected bluetooth keyboard and mouse and BAM!

Kineo

Reaction score
That's crazy. Theoretically, with 2ghz processor and 1gig ram, that phone would be competitive with LAPTOPS from just 3-4 years ago.

If they worked in a dual processor...then if Droid was the IPhone killer, DroidPro would be the PC killer. HDMI output to a monitor, connected bluetooth keyboard and mouse and BAM!

Actually the notion ink Adam will be the PC/ipad killer not the Droid pro

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I was thinking that or the ICD Vega/Gemini, or whatever it will be called next month ...lol I never wanted a Tablet til a learned about those 2.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
^I was thinking that or the ICD Vega/Gemini, or whatever it will be called next month ...lol I never wanted a Tablet til a learned about those 2.

I hate to say it but i would buy an iPad way faster than i would but the ICD Vega or the Notion Ink Adam.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually the notion ink Adam will be the PC/ipad killer not the Droid pro

Maybe not Droid Pro, but a gen or two beyond that will kill the tablets. Trend is toward convergence, and a tablet won't fit in your pocket. "Dumb" electronics will just connect wirelessly to your cell in the not-too-distant future.

jarby

Reaction score
My Droid is just fine and I will wait patiently for the Pro. Whoever wants to jump on the Shadow and Droid2 train can go for it, but I'm gonna catch the next one that comes down the line.

Looking forward to it! dancedroid

AzJazz

Reaction score
Noticed how he said "pretty" close...I doubt the screen will be that big, because when you slap a keyboard onto it, it probably would be a pretty heavy phone. 12 MP is also outrageous imo, I would guess 10 at the most

Of which, only 1-2 MP is really usable. It cracks me up about how people get all worked up about how many MP are in a cellphone camera. It's all about the lens/optics, not the number of pixels on the CCD.

Does anybody out there bother to do an alcohol wipe of the lens cover every time they pull their phone out of their pocket before taking a picture? I willing to bet good money that doesn't happen very often.

Good luck getting a real 5 MP (or whatever) high-quality picture shooting through the lint and oil on your lens cover, folks.

urboyissues

Reaction score
you know they make a prototype for everything.. before something goes gold.. I want to know what the prototype for this phone was.. like what can we put in a phone, that doesn't weigh it down.. kill the battery right away... and can later be turned in to a lightsaber?? Motorola is making a great come back.. the Droid was their Final Fantasy.. I just hope the phone comes out before i leave.. if not then i will get it when i return.. hopefully by then there will be a crap load of ROM goodies for it anyway.. haha

brumby05

Reaction score
I've decided to make the upgrade up to a smart phone. I don't necessarily need it, I think it will just be useful at times. I am trying to decide on which phone to buy. At this point I'm considering the Droid X/Shadow, 2 or wait a while for the Pro. What will the the big difference between say the Droid X and the Droid Pro? Obviously different hardware but I was wondering what the advantage of have a 2ghz processor vs 1ghz processor for a normal user? Same with the extra RAM. I will mainly use the phone for web browsing, light gaming and of course calling.