Motorola Droid Pro

Lucidpsychosis

Reaction score
Ahhh.

I'm due for an upgrade this month, but if this phone is real, I'm totally waiting on it. This is bittersweet. I get a great phone, but I have to wait longer! I wish there was some more evidence.

I don't want to buy a Droid X and then this new phone come out a month later.

kc2pll

Reaction score
Could this be the 2ghz phone Motorola talked about for the holiday season?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto's CEO Jha promised a 2 ghz super-smartphone before the end of the year. since the Pro is the only phone with any rumor traction, i'm kinda assuming it would have one. of course, i wouldn't put it past them to make it a 2x1 ghz phone...

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Speaking as someone that had no physical keyboard on my last phone, I NEED a physical keyboard. The onscreen one works great - for a bit. But slows down and is a bit wonky after some time.

A co-worker got the DroidX and gotta admit, I might need to go buy a Corvette after seeing my D1 next that 4.3" screen. :)

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not gonna matter much. There is always gonna be another phone in the pipeline that is better and we are all gonna want.

We're fast approaching a point where, I think hardware-wise, upgrading to a more powerful phone isn't really going to add any value (who knows how quickly apps & features roll-out to utilize that). But LTE is a very valid reason to wait for some (approx. 1/3 of users, according to VZW's LTE launch plan).

Droid101

Reaction score
AS long as this phone is 4G/LTE compatible I will be all over it! Hopefully though this does happen and no blur is a big plus too maybe Motorola is getting smarter:)

Varking

Reaction score
I don't think they will continue to get much larger. 4.4 is about the max that fits in an average pocket so I would think the next upgrades would revolve around packing the best hardware into a 4.4 inch screen phone.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes dual core running at 1GHZ each.

Sent from my Droid

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

That does seem like it should be pretty awesome. Think 1ghz dedicated to your system/home launcher and how smoothly those can run right now...and still have another 1ghz processor for apps, browsing, flash, etc...And then, of course, overclock both to 1.5ghz:icon_ banana:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
AS long as this phone is 4G/LTE compatible I will be all over it! Hopefully though this does happen and no blur is a big plus too maybe Motorola is getting smarter:)

I wouldn't count on it. Depends on what Google does with Gingerbread, but the UI is currently a turn-off for a much larger market, and Motorola would be remiss to fail to address that.

Customization is great, but if you really want to grow market share you have to provide a great stock, out-of-the-box experience for the 80% of the market that has absolutely no interest in spending 1/100th the time people here do tweaking their phone.

Don't care if it comes with blur (actually, would like to see and test it in action), so long as I can root and get rid of it. I'm waiting to upgrade to an LTE phone with eye-popping specs, and I suspect that could be my last phone for a long time...until one comes out that can replace my laptop :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

That does seem like it should be pretty awesome. Think 1ghz dedicated to your system/home launcher and how smoothly those can run right now...and still have another 1ghz processor for apps, browsing, flash, etc...And then, of course, overclock both to 1.5ghz:icon_ banana:
That sounds hot! Include gingerbread with that, I'm really hoping this doesn't disappoint!

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid