Motorola Droid Pro

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by cereal killer, Jun 2, 2010.

1. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads up, I haven't owned a samsung phone before so I didn't really have anything to go on. I might just go samsung if the pro turns out to be a disappointment. But I might just "suck it up" with my dislike of snapdragons and get an htc because the rooting community is so well established despite htc looking down on it. I hope they don't go Motorola and start putting locked bootloaders on their phones.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    any word on whether it will be a virtual keyboard, or physical??

seems odd they would develop a phone with these capabilities, and not make it usable with LTE...

EDIT: i meant a separate/slide out virtual keyboard vs. physical... if it's going to be that big, i'd kinda like to see them keep the weight and thickness down a little with a virtual keyboard...

3. jaga47

jaga47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really doubt that would happen. It seems like a really bad idea to be honest hah. I'd much rather it be a single touch screen than have there be a useless second one adding on bulk. If they actually used that design, I would choose another phone over the pro.

4. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's a neat idea, but as someone else pointed out, there is no way any battery could handle two giant touchscreens.

5. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking the DROID Pro will be more in line with the DROID X not the DROID/DROID 2. So I am assuming big screen and no physical keyboard.

If it is like the DROID X, except with STOCK DROID 3.0, LTE, and a Front Facing Camera---can you say...

....... DREAM PHONE?

I am waiting for the DROID 2 to come and go so we can move on from that and the specs on THIS thing will start to leak out.

6. drpurp

drpurp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lockedbootloadersmakesmenotcaremotorola

7. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't rooted and do not know what I am missing. If I keep it that way, I do look forward to this new phone.

8. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i like the idea of a keyboard with the big screen, so that i can see more text while i'm typing. i have the D1 now, and rarely use the keyboard because the design blows. that is why i thought a virtual keyboard might be nice. but, i agree that batt life would be a definite issue. with a physical keyboard, i'm concerned about the design, and the weight - my D1 is bulky enough with the keyboard, and i can only imagine the added weight of a keyboard with a 4.3" screen.

other than that, in theory, this phone sounds like a beast of a phone (in a very, very good way)!! i'm definitely holding out for it...

9. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If i don't get the X, i will get this for sure!

10. kermitdfrogdroid

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't mind not being able to root, but I for one do not buy very many apps, I use free ones

Also Id like to call bull on some of these specs. I highly doubt there will be a 12mp camera. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT? Cell phone Cameras now with 8mp look the same as 5mp ones... Its a cell phone camera, there tiny little lenses cant take the best pictures period. taking 4mb pictures would fill up your memory quick, and you couldn't see the amazing quality on your phone. 2nd theres not gonna be a slide out virtual keyboard! That makes zero sense! I would expect the bigger screen longer battery life and the dual camera, maybe more like an 8mp camera and more o-nboard memory with more than a 1ghz processor or perhaps a 1ghz cpu and gpu. This is alll speculation of course

11. jaga47

jaga47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Same here. I was set on getting the X, but I'm at least waiting until some more info on this phone is leaked.

12. jaga47

jaga47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently some info on a new Motorola 10" tablet being released with 3.0 in November just came out. Doesn't it seem somewhat unlikely that they'd release the X, Droid 2, and this tablet all within a few months of each other?

Search tags for this page
does a956 have gyroscope
droid 2we keyboard mod
motorola droid pro

motorola droid pro forums

motorolla a956 d2