1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola Droid (original) doesn't seem to charge

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Iowaberg, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Iowaberg

Iowaberg New Member

Last night I fell asleep listening to music and I realized this morning I pretty much drained my battery. I didn't have time to plug my phone in a wall charger before I left for work and I'm trying to charge it using USB plugged directly into a USB port. The phone doesn't seem to be responding to anything. In the past, when my battery was drained, the phone at least turned on to indicate a charge. Today, there is nothing. Is this normal? I understand it takes longer to charge via USB so do I just have to wait that much longer to indicate a charge? Or do I have a bigger problem?
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

i've had this happen before, and a completely drained batt doesn't charge thru USB. you might have to plug into a wall charger.

also, how old is your batt?? the D1 batts are designed to generally only last 8-12 months. if it's older than that, and it won't respond to the wall charger, you may need a new batt. 5 bucks on amazon.
  3. Iowaberg

Iowaberg New Member

Thank you! I guess I have to go without my phone at work! How will I survive today?:)
Search tags for this page

motorola droid m doesn't charge when asleep

why does my motorola phone doesn't charge