Motorola Droid occassionally stuck in sleep mode??

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by psub, Nov 15, 2009.

1. FarkinDroidUser

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had two reboots and a battery pull in one day. I haven't really had any problems till now. WTF?

2. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    It's more like 100% computer, with a built in phone peripheral. It's basically a handheld version of a 3G enabled netbook. I wouldn't let the need for battery pulls turn me off to the device, obviously it's designed to be rebooted. It even has a "three finger salute" to reboot it, ala DOS.

L. Shift + L. Alt + Del

probably a bad mannered (or not Android 2.0 ready) background app/service. Install any new programs?

3. Alexander180

Alexander180 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It happens to me on occasion. I don't feel that getting it replaced will really resolve problems for anyone. I'm sure this is something that will get ironed out with a firmware update... before making the trip to vzw I would do a factory data reset. See if that helps.

4. checker555

checker555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's happened to me just once, but I've only had the phone about 5 days. It was not following a call. It was just asleep and then wouldn't wake up without the battery pull. I don't have the app you mention.

5. radsaq

radsaq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had to do two battery pulls in two weeks. Both times I hadn't touched the phone in many minutes/hours, and so I've no idea what I might have been doing before.

6. trekuhl

trekuhl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just picked this up after thanksgiving so only had it a short time.

have had this happen twice, both while sleeping. i will set my alarm, put on nightstand and then wake up in the AM (using it as an alarm) and feel like i overslept. ive been using a BB as an alarm for 6 years now never had it happen :-( i wake up and pick the droid up and see the green LED light blinking but it wont wake up using the unlock button.

i had the taskkill app on there when i first got the phone since a number of folks claimed it helped battery life. i removed that last week when it hung the first time. thought this was the issue then woke up this AM to have overslept an hour and find it hung again.

ive got the weatherbug app running all the time i may try and remove it. i put that on the day i got the phone. i also have wavesecure beta running, though i just loaded that a few days ago (after the first lockup).

is there not any sort of eventviewer/logs that can be accessed either directly on the phone or via the SDK kit, or perhaps a way to enable logging to the SD then when it locks up i can pull that out plug in PC and check the logs?

thx,

7. DroidFan

DroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of the 4 times I've had my phone lock up, 2x was while I had the alarm on. I'm wondering if there's a bug in this app (which is sad because it's one of the included apps) or if the new OTA update will fix this. You might consider downloading the "DockRunner" widget, which looks like the clock that the Droid transforms into when docked on your nightstand. There's an alarm feature on it and it might not freeze up using that app...however, you'll want to keep your Droid on the charger when using it.

Hope this helps!

8. ccarlston

ccarlston New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    check this...

I had this happen often as well when I first got my DROID and through trial and error resolved the problem by turning "off" my WiFi. It was happening on my home network (which has a NetGear wireless router). Since turning WiFi off while at home and simply using the 3G network, it has NEVER happened again. :icon_ banana:

9. DroidFan

DroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My freezes haven't been WiFi related as I rarely use the WiFi option & don't have the key to use the WiFi at work (where is where it's happened the most)...but it was a good thought.

10. Alexander180

Alexander180 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to say it was false cause there. Wifi should not effect it. Only times it happened to me was on 3g and I'm constantly on wifi

11. Mrwirez

Mrwirez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installing roms without doing a data wipe gets me stuck in the boot loop. Dump data but save apps option.. works perfect. Btw, use Titanium Backup, it is the best! :)

12. javaron

javaron New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sleep mode

I am having the same problem i have to pull my battery mulitple times a hour. Sad part is i recieved a new one and it did it after the first call. I have to keep a charger with me because when it sleeps it gets stuck so plugging in the charger wakes it up

Search tags for this page
android stuck in sleep mode

droid 3 stuck in sleep mode

how to get my droid 4g out of sleep mode
motorola droid sleep mode
motorola tablet stuck in sleep mode
motorola x sleep mode
motorolla drood going on stantby mode
my android phone is stuck in standby mode
my motorola droid razr m is stuck in sleeping mood
sleep mode on motorola droid