motorola droid notification light

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by iM MinTz, Jan 6, 2011.

1. iM MinTz

iM MinTz New Member

hi everyone, i've been creeping this forum for a few months but finally made an account! glad to be part of this great community.

i have a question today... my notification light has died, i think.

i downloaded a bunch of test apps and it still hasn't worked, i asked my friends to do the same thing and it worked on his.

since my droid is only 8 months old, is that covered under manufacturer's warranty? it's a hardware failure right?

if so, how does the process work out? will i be phoneless, i can't go back to a non-droid phone :(

i've tested with apps, unrooted my phone, checked settings a million times, i've done everything pretty much and it's still dead or burned out

thanks a bunch
  2. jbdow

jbdow New Member

While you can always take it back, i wouldn't bet on how that would end up...
    Don't know about "loaner" phones or if they would just give you a new one
    outright.
  3. lizard

lizard New Member

See Jan. 6 post by poster" hookbill", he seems to think its a rooting/ bootstrap issue. You'll find it under Droid2 hacks forum. Guy has been around a while, makes for some interesting reading!

Sent from my Squidlied Droid 2 using Tapatalk Pro
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I had my notification light go out on me yesterday. I don't know what happened but since I was rooted I thought I was going to be getting a replacement so I SBF back to stock (Droid 2).

After I went back to stock the light started working again. So if you're rooted you will have to go back to stock anyway.

If not then just give Verizon a call, you'll get your phone replaced quicker then if you go to the Verizon store. They will not give you a new phone it will be a refurb.
  5. iM MinTz

iM MinTz New Member

Thanks everyone for helping! I plan on trying to restore it using spf and hopefully that'll clear it up. I really don't want to get another Droid, I've gone through so many roms with this bad boy haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

notification light motorola droid

what does the red light on my droid mean