motorola droid notification light

iM MinTz

Reaction score
hi everyone, i've been creeping this forum for a few months but finally made an account! glad to be part of this great community.

i have a question today... my notification light has died, i think.

i downloaded a bunch of test apps and it still hasn't worked, i asked my friends to do the same thing and it worked on his.

since my droid is only 8 months old, is that covered under manufacturer's warranty? it's a hardware failure right?

if so, how does the process work out? will i be phoneless, i can't go back to a non-droid phone :(

i've tested with apps, unrooted my phone, checked settings a million times, i've done everything pretty much and it's still dead or burned out

thanks a bunch

jbdow

Reaction score
While you can always take it back, i wouldn't bet on how that would end up...
Don't know about "loaner" phones or if they would just give you a new one
outright.

lizard

Reaction score
See Jan. 6 post by poster" hookbill", he seems to think its a rooting/ bootstrap issue. You'll find it under Droid2 hacks forum. Guy has been around a while, makes for some interesting reading!

Sent from my Squidlied Droid 2 using Tapatalk Pro

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, i've been creeping this forum for a few months but finally made an account! glad to be part of this great community.

i have a question today... my notification light has died, i think.

i downloaded a bunch of test apps and it still hasn't worked, i asked my friends to do the same thing and it worked on his.

since my droid is only 8 months old, is that covered under manufacturer's warranty? it's a hardware failure right?

if so, how does the process work out? will i be phoneless, i can't go back to a non-droid phone :(

i've tested with apps, unrooted my phone, checked settings a million times, i've done everything pretty much and it's still dead or burned out

thanks a bunch

I had my notification light go out on me yesterday. I don't know what happened but since I was rooted I thought I was going to be getting a replacement so I SBF back to stock (Droid 2).

After I went back to stock the light started working again. So if you're rooted you will have to go back to stock anyway.

If not then just give Verizon a call, you'll get your phone replaced quicker then if you go to the Verizon store. They will not give you a new phone it will be a refurb.

OP
I

iM MinTz

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for helping! I plan on trying to restore it using spf and hopefully that'll clear it up. I really don't want to get another Droid, I've gone through so many roms with this bad boy haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App