Motorola Droid Naked Case by Case Mate

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by HwnDroid, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Droidfish

Droidfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Zagg is definitely worth the price. Has no affect on the touch screen and will not scratch. Plus it the resolution is just as brilliant as ever. I've had the screen-only option since Nov and you can't even tell that it's on there. I've used Zagg since my crappy lg dare days and loved the quality ever since.

2. HwnDroid

HwnDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Read before purchasing this case

Ok guys here's the 411 on this case. Got it in and had it on for about a week now. The case is thin and doesn't add much bulk to the phone which is nice. Like mentioned earlier it is clear and shows scratches from normal wear and tear like a clear case does. Now heres were it gets disappointing.....:frown: Because the front bezel is incorporated with the screen protector it doesn't sit completely flat on the whole screen. About 1/8" or less around the whole outer edge is slightly lifted and does not fully contact the screen, therefor making some of the icons on the outer edges especially the back button hard to activate. You actually have to "tap" it hard to activate it and even then you don't get it on the first try.:mad: Now, because of this problem a good amount of dust gets in and goes between the screen and the protector via the ear piece forming a lint cloud if you will, which I cant stand. So I thought to take off the front piece and wipe it and the screen down, re-installed it and I thought it was good to go :icon_ banana:. Until today.
    As I was so carefully wiping the protector down from the inside it separated from the bezel. :mad: The screen protector is held on to the bezel only by very thin 2 sided tape! I paid $35 for this thing had it for only a week and it decides to take a crap! So, for my temp fix until I can contact Case Mate on Monday and tell them what a crappy product they have and to refund my money. I slapped on a VZW screen protector, snapped the clear bezel back on and was good to go. I wouldn't recommend purchasing this case at all. A regular screen protector and case works much better and looks exactly the same!

3. nocoolname

nocoolname Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the review, that made my mind up

4. JasonLee

JasonLee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't care about the screen protection, is it slim enough to fit in the car dock or media dock?

5. HwnDroid

HwnDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No its not that thin. Not even my Seidio Innocase fits in the stock car cradle and that case is supposed to be only 1mm thick. I think if you want that to happen you need to Ghost or Zagg it. Or take a look at Seidio's Innotraveler car kit.

Search tags for this page
droid 3 wearing casemate
droid 4 playboy case
droid 4 playboy phone case
droid bionic playboy faceplates
motorola droid razr playboy phone cases
playboy case droid x
playboy droid razr m cases
playboy phone cases for droid x

tank case for droid

tank phone case for droid