Motorola Droid Naked Case by Case Mate

OP
HwnDroid

HwnDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the review DJ. I ordered one last night so I'll see if it lives up to its reviews. Like you said its an all in one solution and thats what I'm looking for.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks for the review DJ. I ordered one last night so I'll see if it lives up to its reviews. Like you said its an all in one solution and thats what I'm looking for.

Let us know how it works please and maybe post ome of your own pic.. Im curious if it will fit in a verizon side pouch..

Reaction score
I have never used a case - I like the clear, full-body skins from Stealth Guard Protectors. They protect it with no desensitizing of the screen. Plus they have a lifetime warranty. I purchased two and now I am set for life.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks almost exactly like the case i got from VZ cept mine is blue and no built in screen cover and yeah those reviews seem awfully inflated

this was my thought exactly. it looks identical. and ps, no screen protection. I do like the case, but I'm fairly certain the reviews are fake.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Anyone used Ghost Armour or Zagg from Invisble shield?

[video=youtube;7FXRvD-fOr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXRvD-fOr0"]YouTube - Motorola Droid Ghost Armor[/video]

Last edited:

gabeevans88

Reaction score

I have used the bodyguardz, they works very well, though some of the small pieces are hard to get in place, overall they last me about 2-3 months before a corner starts peeling, (my screen is still on since early December) if i remember correctly there are two sets in a box, and they come with a lifetime warranty. They also add a nice grip of the finish IMO, when i had my iPod touch the invisible shield seemed like it was more rubbery and a little thinker and i think i like that better, seemed like it was higher quality, but i have not tried it on the droid yet. Hope that helps:)

jaydee6385

Reaction score
This case is over priced. I got one here for 4 bucks. A little more bigger, but basically the same thing.

EDIT: Didn't know it had a screen protector! It's possibly worth the price. Happy Droiding!

Last edited:

SDC_Bolts

Reaction score

I have the Zagg, and love it, on my old Omnia I would buy cheap screen protectors and go through them about every two months, had this one since before December and still looks fine, no scratches and corners holding up really well. I went with the full body option and may have to replace just the screen some day but the rest of the phone's protection is fine.

Zagg is a bit pricey but I feel it was worth it. Supposed to be the same material used on the front edge of military helicopter rotors.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Zagg is definitely worth the price. Has no affect on the touch screen and will not scratch. Plus it the resolution is just as brilliant as ever. I've had the screen-only option since Nov and you can't even tell that it's on there. I've used Zagg since my crappy lg dare days and loved the quality ever since.

OP
HwnDroid

HwnDroid

Reaction score
Read before purchasing this case

Ok guys here's the 411 on this case. Got it in and had it on for about a week now. The case is thin and doesn't add much bulk to the phone which is nice. Like mentioned earlier it is clear and shows scratches from normal wear and tear like a clear case does. Now heres were it gets disappointing.....:frown: Because the front bezel is incorporated with the screen protector it doesn't sit completely flat on the whole screen. About 1/8" or less around the whole outer edge is slightly lifted and does not fully contact the screen, therefor making some of the icons on the outer edges especially the back button hard to activate. You actually have to "tap" it hard to activate it and even then you don't get it on the first try.:mad: Now, because of this problem a good amount of dust gets in and goes between the screen and the protector via the ear piece forming a lint cloud if you will, which I cant stand. So I thought to take off the front piece and wipe it and the screen down, re-installed it and I thought it was good to go :icon_ banana:. Until today.
As I was so carefully wiping the protector down from the inside it separated from the bezel. :mad: The screen protector is held on to the bezel only by very thin 2 sided tape! I paid $35 for this thing had it for only a week and it decides to take a crap! So, for my temp fix until I can contact Case Mate on Monday and tell them what a crappy product they have and to refund my money. I slapped on a VZW screen protector, snapped the clear bezel back on and was good to go. I wouldn't recommend purchasing this case at all. A regular screen protector and case works much better and looks exactly the same!

JasonLee

Reaction score
I don't care about the screen protection, is it slim enough to fit in the car dock or media dock?

OP
HwnDroid

HwnDroid

Reaction score
No its not that thin. Not even my Seidio Innocase fits in the stock car cradle and that case is supposed to be only 1mm thick. I think if you want that to happen you need to Ghost or Zagg it. Or take a look at Seidio's Innotraveler car kit.