Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

bpad10

Reaction score
Thanks, just downloaded google earth and works great.....appreciate it! Seems as though everyone here is rooted and since that's the case doesn't care about 2.1...... you have most if not all of the features 2.1 will offer.

That's fantastic, don't get me wrong. I just don't want to root. Also, if rooting your phone wasn't available, I assume most of you would be clamoring for 2.1 also.

Don't mean to start anything, just want answers, a timeline, anything.....I'm not the only one. Seems that people clamoring for more features for their rooted phone is acceptable but unrooted members should stop discussing 2.1 and what's going on with motorola...

I think this page should either get back to discussing 2.1..........

bpad10

Reaction score
Let me make this even easier.

Click here for the Google Earth app google earth for 2.0.1 and non-rooted users | droid life: a motorola droid blog

All apps you install from the market are "apk" files. The link above gives you the instructions and the link to the google earth apk file.

Thanks for the web site, I was just questioning the google earth in the market. Appreciate the step by step directions though.....(could of used step by step directions for my post-grad thesis last year. :):)

MrKleen

Reaction score
This may be old stuff for some of you guys, but may be new for others. If you want many of the 2.1 apps without having to root and all that nonsense you can go here and download lots of cool apps. Try some of them out, some you may like, some you may not. If you don't like them you can uninstall them..... Enjoy

downloads | droid life: a motorola droid blog

bpad10

Reaction score
This may be old stuff for some of you guys, but may be new for others. If you want many of the 2.1 apps without having to root and all that nonsense you can go here and download lots of cool apps. Try some of them out, some you may like, some you may not. If you don't like them you can uninstall them..... Enjoy

downloads | droid life: a motorola droid blog

Thanks for the info.....I'm looking into it now. Considering the vast resources in this forum, I'm also considering rooting my phone....especially if Motorola continues to drag their feet...

the more I seem to fight it, the more I am starting to realize how easy it could be....

diverbelow

Reaction score
Check these links: droid-life.com or here: alldroid.comthat has the complete 2.1 Update 1 installable SBF on the Droid.

The post header on this says 2.1, and then inside the post it states 2.0.1. Do they even know what they are posting? I would never download something where the OP doesn't even have a clue what they are posting.

I read the both sites, and they both say:
Warning: This file will completely wipe your phone, unroot it and overwrite the stock recovery image and is NOT the official release version of 2.1 for the Droid.
If you flash this file you will be unable to return to a previous rootable 2.0.1 version without using one of the other SBF files.
This build does NOT have Live Wallpapers or the 2.1 Launcher.

Humpa

Reaction score
I read the both sites, and they both say:
Warning: This file will completely wipe your phone, unroot it and overwrite the stock recovery image and is NOT the official release version of 2.1 for the Droid.
If you flash this file you will be unable to return to a previous rootable 2.0.1 version without using one of the other SBF files.
This build does NOT have Live Wallpapers or the 2.1 Launcher.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what he was referring to either.
And I don't know about droid-life, but the other link is a post by kbman - and he definately knows what he is talking about.

MrKleen

Reaction score
The post header on this says 2.1, and then inside the post it states 2.0.1. Do they even know what they are posting? I would never download something where the OP doesn't even have a clue what they are posting.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... Reading the post he says while messing around with his phone he messed something up so he had to reload the phone. So instead of going back to stock 2.0.1 he decided to give the 2.1 early build a try.

For some the 2.1 release he is linking to could be useful, but he is in no way saying we should load it. For most of us we should not load this, but it's fun watching the video.

Droid-Life is a very useful site and on my list of go to sites everyday!

MrKleen

Reaction score

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... Reading the post he says while messing around with his phone he messed something up so he had to reload the phone. So instead of going back to stock 2.0.1 he decided to give the 2.1 early build a try.

For some the 2.1 release he is linking to could be useful, but he is in no way saying we should load it. For most of us we should not load this, but it's fun watching the video.

Droid-Life is a very useful site and on my list of go to sites everyday!

Sorry, now I see what you are talking about.