Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

Droid101

Reaction score
Flash wont notify Motorola when it will be released it will be all on Verizon but seeing how phones are coming out in march with Flash preinstalled I will say there is a good chance to see 2.1 with Flash come across your phone. Plus Flash has been shown successfully running on the droid and again at the Mobile world Conference. So it is all there I just think adobe and Motorola are keeping a tight lid on it so they have no hurry or rush if something goes wrong.

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
some folks got a hold of the 2.1 update that was supposed to be pushed OTA in January. They are currently building some custom roms out of it.... check alldroid.

Original rumors were right...not live wallpapers or launcher bundled with it. booo.

strobez395

Reaction score
I'm not saying they did, but they could have added things since January...they are/were working on something. And who got a hold of it? Do you know them personally? Just asking...rumors go all the time.

Humpa

Reaction score
I'm not saying they did, but they could have added things since January...they are/were working on something. And who got a hold of it? Do you know them personally? Just asking...rumors go all the time.
Bill over at HoFo said there have been a couple newer versions since the one that was leaked. He has access to "inside" info. Though I think he's eluded to the fact that no live wallpapers were in the works, though I could be mistaken.

Humpa

Reaction score
That is a leaked dump from the 2.1 they are working on, but it is a dump from a couple versions ago. At least that's what some "insiders" are saying.

It is mainly big news because it is the first glimpse of any part of the official Droid 2.1 found in the wild. Plus anything Droid/2.1 related is popular at the moment.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I found Pete over on the over drive site that is on the video. He is also the one that is making the BB ROMS. I have downloaded the 2.1 update, but having issues getting it loaded. Working to try to port that MT Browser into the custom ROMs. We have the MT but not as smooth as that. Pete stated that he has been running the 2.1 update for about 3 days and it is running smooth. We will see how it all goes.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Bill over at HoFo said there have been a couple newer versions since the one that was leaked.
This info is correct. The final build was just turned in 2 weeks ago

TheBobarazzi

Reaction score
I'm going to throw in my: "my Sprint (or whoever rep.) guy told me..." story.

Today I got my girl the Samsung Moment from Sprint, at Best Buy (because Verizon wanted her first born). After laughing inside for an hour, while listening to the "phone" guys at BB, give people all kinds of wrong information, we took her phone to a Sprint store to get her towers updated and look at some cases.

The Sprint guy was so excited to tell us all about the 2.1 coming to the moment on March FOURTH TWO THOUSAND AND TEN... he was so sure of his self, it was cute. (more funny) ...and he also proclaimed that the DROID will get IT a couple weeks after that, since it came out later.

So, there you go...this guys knows FOR SURE, so you can all go about your business and forget about it for a few weeks...because this guys is positive.:bling:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I'm going to throw in my: "my Sprint (or whoever rep.) guy told me..." story.

Today I got my girl the Samsung Moment from Sprint, at Best Buy (because Verizon wanted her first born). After laughing inside for an hour, while listening to the "phone" guys at BB, give people all kinds of wrong information, we took her phone to a Sprint store to get her towers updated and look at some cases.

The Sprint guy was so excited to tell us all about the 2.1 coming to the moment on March FOURTH TWO THOUSAND AND TEN... he was so sure of his self, it was cute. (more funny) ...and he also proclaimed that the DROID will get IT a couple weeks after that, since it came out later.

So, there you go...this guys knows FOR SURE, so you can all go about your business and forget about it for a few weeks...because this guys is positive.:bling:

Well I guess that's it then, doesn't get any more definitive than that. :wink: