Motorola Droid GPS Says I'm in Another State

kmonger

Reaction score
Motorola Droid, running Android 2.2 update.

I use the google map function as a driving navigational tool constantly. I love the functionality and it is very reliable - however on three separate instances I've input my location and the droid looks and looks for the gps signal, and when it finally locks in it thinks I am a thousand miles away and tries to give me directions from there.

The only way to reset it is to power off, remove the battery, wait a minute and then boot back up. Not very handy in traffic.

Is this a common problem? I searched the forum and didn't find anyone else commenting.

thanks - Karl

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've used the navigation several times just for fun and I haven't had any issues either.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its happened to me on my d1. It was a bad app from the market.

-Droid Does

brochaos

Reaction score
try downloading gps status from market. then in settings, there is section for gps, and you can reset the gps chip and download agps assistance database to help lock on faster.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola Droid, running Android 2.2 update.

I use the google map function as a driving navigational tool constantly. I love the functionality and it is very reliable - however on three separate instances I've input my location and the droid looks and looks for the gps signal, and when it finally locks in it thinks I am a thousand miles away and tries to give me directions from there.

The only way to reset it is to power off, remove the battery, wait a minute and then boot back up. Not very handy in traffic.

Is this a common problem? I searched the forum and didn't find anyone else commenting.

thanks - Karl

Damn, this is so obvious, don't know why everyone missed it...maybe you're in the wrong state. :)

Aside from the GPS Status suggestion, have you tried to calibrate your compass? I believe the option is in Settings>Location or similar...

OP
K

kmonger

Reaction score
Yeah thanks state of confusion.

Downloaded the gps status, giving that a try. thanks for the help!