1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola Droid Future releases?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by dork5002002, Jan 19, 2010.

1. dork5002002

dork5002002 New Member

I was wondering if there was any info about Verizon upgrading the droid? What I mean is will there be a Droid 2nd gen or something. I've searched around; I found little information.
  2. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

why the droid just got released shyt u have 2 yrs with the phone calm down
    BTW
    i have no info on that
    though i would feel ripped off if they released one in a month or two or three even
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

No info out and there probably won't be for some time. But to answer your question. Yes, there will be without a doubt a Droid 2.
  4. dork5002002

dork5002002 New Member

I would feel ripped off too. I was just curious, because I really like the droid design. The hardware keyboard is the main thing I like. I was just hoping they would keep the same or very similar design, but release better hardware every year or two. Like the iPhone.

PS. I don't actually have a droid yet. I should be getting one in a few weeks once I start my new job.
  5. DROIDMASTER

DROIDMASTER New Member

Not to come off rude but the droid 2 is still a rumour and probably will be a completely different name and line unless users become emotionally attached to the droid name like the case with the iphone. Droid 2 is completely a rumour from what I've heard and since no info is present therefore we cant say "its coming without a doubt"

hopefully one comes in next 2 years for an upgrade!
  6. iPirate

iPirate New Member

My guess is all the money they have spent on "DROID" will not be wasted and the next phone will be "DROID blahblah" similar to what apple did with the iphone, so the phone will remain a "DROID"

:motdroidvert:
  7. dork5002002

dork5002002 New Member

I'm not really attached to the name droid, so a different line wouldn't bother me. I just really feel of the phone. The solid edges instead of curves and the slider keypad. So as long as it keeps that, I'm fine.
  8. vearix

vearix New Member

9. savioAMG

savioAMG New Member

That phone is far from being a Droid 2. It's just another Android phone for the Asian market.
  10. vearix

vearix New Member

Ah my mistake
  11. savioAMG

savioAMG New Member

No worries; we all make them. :)
  12. FireDroid

FireDroid New Member

I believe they will keep the "Droid" name! It is all about name reconition, ask anyone around you what they think of when they hear the "DRROOOOIIIIDDD" sound and I bet they can say it is a phone! They would be smart to keep the name and keep the momentum going!

I will say that I did not know of android prior to the Droid so the marketing campaign worked on me!
  13. dork5002002

dork5002002 New Member

I definitely agree with the part about people not knowing android existed. I started following android years ago. With the new droid phone, most people I know don't even know the difference between android and droid. They think it is the same thing.

And that picture posted earlier, was a cool looking phone, but I don't think I would want it.
  14. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Is there any reason to think that there wouldn't be -- with or without any available information?

Even without any leaks I'd say that given the Droid's sales figures that they are extremely likely to do so. IIRC, quite a bit of Android's recent market share growth has been a direct result of the Droid.
  15. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

With something this popular there absolutely will be, it's a cash cow for Motorola who we all know has trouble making cool products.
  16. dro

dro New Member

I hope they make many, many, many more Droids in the future as well. Why wouldn't they? This is one of the most successful phones ever, aside from the iPhone. Remember the RAZR? Moto remade that piece of crap, and they would be out of their minds not to do so with the Droid.
Search tags for this page

droid future releases

future droid

future droid phone

future droid releases

future of motorola droid
motorola droid 2013 projected phones for verizon