Motorola Droid + Froyo = A Speed Demon

moozicmon

Reaction score
I'm running 1.2 maxed t, you have to let it "warm up" before it really starts to fly...
Best part is hearing the little camera "click" when it starts up, it's like 5x faster dancedroid

moozicmon

Reaction score
Actually I am getting lower temps using the kernals modified for FROYO. I'm not trying to fry my phone though, I usually run between 900 and 1000 just wanted to see what it could do ;)

LrdElderon

Reaction score
that's a pretty bad score. at 800 with it on ondemand i had 920. I was only beat by the nexus. about to try one of the oc kernels.

moozicmon

Reaction score
that's a pretty bad score. at 800 with it on ondemand i had 920. I was only beat by the nexus. about to try one of the oc kernels.

The highest I have gotten thus far is 1686 running it at 1.2gz performance, crazy thing is the temp's have been lower than they were when I was running it at 1gz with 2.1!

LrdElderon

Reaction score
my best so far has been this. But at least the 1.1 kernel temp monitoring doesn't seem to be implemented and root is flaky. root apps work but trying to get root fails with permission denied? weird.

SpykeZ

Reaction score

The highest I have gotten thus far is 1686 running it at 1.2gz performance, crazy thing is the temp's have been lower than they were when I was running it at 1gz with 2.1!

I've noticed that with 800mhz, it tends to run cooler than it was stock.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
are you guys able to see temps besides battery? setcpu does not see cpu temps at all on these kernels. it did in cm. is the code enabled? ill try installing temp mon i guess

also root for me was flaky. it was in /system/xbin/su I think it should be symlinked to /system/bin/su too

moozicmon

Reaction score
are you guys able to see temps besides battery? setcpu does not see cpu temps at all on these kernels. it did in cm. is the code enabled? ill try installing temp mon i guess

also root for me was flaky. it was in /system/xbin/su I think it should be symlinked to /system/bin/su too

I don't think the kernel supports CPU monitoring

cideas

Reaction score

It does, I'm using Temp+CPU which was FC before, I had to reinstall busybox to /system/xbin and upon reboot it started to read my temp and clock settings.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Okay, so here's the question:
Meaningless benchmarks aside, how fast does this "feel". Is homescreen scrolling smooth? Do apps open any faster?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Homescreen scrolling, it hard to say since there are 2 right now that kills any other launcher. Some ppl complained about 2.1 or the Droid being slow, I think they just needed better launchers.

FWIW, after letting the phone calm down after first boot/reboot, the scrolling is better than stock 2.1 But, is that cuz of Froyo or is it cuz of a better stock launcher? Testing scrolling in the settings might give a better indicator of any improvements. But, u have to let the phone finish whatever background things its doing.

One thing I did noticed about improvements with Froyo, when running Quadrant on 2.1 at 1Ghz, the CPU test always hung on 11/12 for around 1 minute, maybe a lil less. On Froyo, on 800Mhz, the CPU test doesnt hang. ALL the test just fly by now.

nyijedi

Reaction score

It does, I'm using Temp+CPU which was FC before, I had to reinstall busybox to /system/xbin and upon reboot it started to read my temp and clock settings.

The kernels do not support CPU monitoring. The temps you're seeing with these kernels are the battery temps.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'd hope the OTA release of 2.2 for the droid would be faster than that. I mean that's like the bottom of the list!!:icon_eek::icon_evil: