Motorola Droid + Froyo = A Speed Demon

megawatz

Reaction score
sorry to double post but i can't edit my message....hmmm...

If you meant the actual word Froyo, then I think it's short for frozen yogurt.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Indeed it is. That's why in the More Froyo thread there's a cup of yogurt. Next one is Gingerbread. After that I'm shooting for Pound Cake or Cream Wafer. ;)

megawatz

Reaction score
Indeed it is. That's why in the More Froyo thread there's a cup of yogurt. Next one is Gingerbread. After that I'm shooting for Pound Cake or Cream Wafer. ;)

Your name fits perfectly for all these OS names, haha.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
CAP20100607.jpg

Just lovin it!!!

A wee bit of improvement with P3DROID's 125-1250 kernal ....

CAP201006102147.jpg

kmiller1021

Reaction score
downloading and installing a kernal from this site looks pretty straight forward. Anything I need to know before I do this? I am currently running 2.2. Also I see that the wifi and usb tethering requires a separate program. What do you have to do to make this work, or what program is needed?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
downloading and installing a kernal from this site looks pretty straight forward. Anything I need to know before I do this? I am currently running 2.2. Also I see that the wifi and usb tethering requires a separate program. What do you have to do to make this work, or what program is needed?

Just follow the directions from the site. If using SP recovery and step 3 fails, u have to use the allow update zip option first. Its right above 'install update zip"

And depending on how your OS is setup on the PC, the file extension .zip may be hidden. U can tell if u download one of the kernels and looking at the file on your PC u dont see .zip at the end. If u dont see .zip at the end of the file name, dont rename it update.zip, just rename it update.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems there was a typo at P3's site and I missed it too....:)

If using SP recovery, if the last step fails (that should be step 4) u have to use 'allow update.zip' option.