Motorola Droid Case Reviews

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by danDroid, Nov 5, 2009.

1. OB1J3D1

OB1J3D1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have either, but I have read the Seido scratches the "chin" when sliding the keyboard in and out. But it's thinner.

The Otter is thicker and covers all the ports.

I vote for the otter unless thickness is of utmost concern.

2. ogDroid

ogDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Otteebox all the way. Protects the phone much better, feels better, no other color but black, but it looks better than any sedo case imo. Also, if it breaks, you get a replacement for free, no shipping cost & you don't have to send the broken one back.

3. Musica

Musica New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The otterbox looks pretty sleek. It looks like they don't have one for D2 yet tho. Is it thicker than the Body Case? If there are plugs for each opening do you have to remove one every time you use that function or can you work them with the plugs in place? I'm not sure how critical the plugs are since it isn't waterproof.

4. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +552
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
  5. UltraDroid

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +552
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    On the Otterbox case, you do need to pop the plug out for the micro-usb port, but the other plugs, you just push down on them to access the function (power, camera, volume) the same way as if the plug wasn't there. It's no problem at all to use.

-Mike

6. Xaneth

Xaneth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As I don't own an Otterbox, I can't speak for it. From what others have described, it has more coverage. However, the thing I absolutely love about the Innocase, is that it comes in multiple colors, and if you want a multimedia or car dock, their docks are compatible with their cases, something no one thought of over at Verizon, Body Glove or elsewhere. The other thing I like about the Seidio is that the holster is face in, which protects the screen from drops when holstered. The thing I don't like = to get all the stuff you want from Seidio can get expensive. Especially for two Droids.

7. AmericanToxic

AmericanToxic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    solar powered charging case

Has anyone heard any talk of a solar powered battery charging case? I hear they have them for the iphone... would REALLY love one for my droid 2.

8. ypsichick

ypsichick Member

Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
    Ratings:
    +0
    droid covers & cases review

If you go into a corporate Verizon store in the back behind the support desks or around that area are sale items, if not you have to ask for them. They change stock & discount items that are not selling @ their store. I got my pink silicone cover for 5 bucks and magnet flip top leather case for 10 that way.

Like the cover, love the case, but. Cover is difficult to get off and is a very tight squeeze for the case, so I took off the cover in favor of the case, don't like it bcuz I tend to drop things!

Thinking to stretch the leather somehow to use the cover too. Generic screen shields are ok but my problem is too dry of finger pads, even with reg screen, have to switch fingers all the time, anyone have suggestions?

9. daniel4ever

daniel4ever Member

Ratings:
    +10
    please help with case decision

Hello everyone. I am new here, and have been reading several of the forums - my son is getting a Droid X soon (when I order it...) and it is the first Smartphone in the family. So, I am trying to do my research - into extended batteries, cases, covers, screen protection.

One thing that has me confused - is how some of these cases work with the slide out part - that exposes the keyboard? does the case need to be removed?

My concerns are dropping the phone and scratching the screen. I had pretty much settled on a brand of screen protection, but now that I read more about cases, it has just confused me - probably the too many options syndrome. I am also waffling about the extended battery and how that affects which cases fit.

Please help me! Thanks!

10. UltraDroid

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +552
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    The Droid X doesn't have a physical keyboard. Are you talking about the Droid 2?

-Mike

11. Xaneth

Xaneth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And if so, the case is basically going to have a rubber bumper style part of the case that covers the face of the screen, right around the edge, allowing you to still slide it out. Not sure how close the Droid 2 is to the Droid, as that's what I have. Then the back of the case encloses the back side. I know they have an extended battery for mine (seidioonline.com), but not sure about others.

12. daniel4ever

daniel4ever Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh dear. Guess my research has not been as good as I thought. We saw the Droid 2 in the store, and when researching online, I found the reviews said the Droid X was better, and did not realize it does not have a keyboard. I need to check with my son to find out his preference.

Thanks Mike, for pointing this out!

Xaneth, thanks for helping me understand how the cases work!

Search tags for this page
best case for motorola droid 4

best motorola droid case

droid 1 white case
droid case reviews

droid cases

droid x wallet case
motorola droid case review
motorola zt
review on cases for motorola droid 2
what is the best case for my droid 4