Motorola Droid Case Reviews

350-Jason

Reaction score
I got the bodyglove cover when I purchased the phone. It sucks. You need to remove it to dock it for GPS or the multimedia station. Its extremely hard to take off, and it also makes it harder to slide it open for keyboard use. I returned it the same day.

Get the ZAGG full body cover. I had this on my old phone (voyager) and it doesnt effect the sensitivity and also when I removed it... the phone didnt have a scratch on it and looked brand new.

The full body Zagg kit, how will that fare against accidental drops on concrete or what ever? It will prevent scratches but will it prevent dings and dents? Im still thinking a case of some sort will be best for me.

I have the same concern.

benhebert

Reaction score
I got the bodyglove cover when I purchased the phone. It sucks. You need to remove it to dock it for GPS or the multimedia station. Its extremely hard to take off, and it also makes it harder to slide it open for keyboard use. I returned it the same day.

Get the ZAGG full body cover. I had this on my old phone (voyager) and it doesnt effect the sensitivity and also when I removed it... the phone didnt have a scratch on it and looked brand new.

The full body Zagg kit, how will that fare against accidental drops on concrete or what ever? It will prevent scratches but will it prevent dings and dents? Im still thinking a case of some sort will be best for me.

That's my concern about getting the zagg, I'm looking to prevent scratches and all but also have accidental drops covered.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
zagg wont prevent ding especially if the phone was dropped from a
high elevation.. it only gives protection on the droid from scratches..

d.leerius

Reaction score
WARNING! Holsters with MAGNETS.

I initially purchased an Eddie Bauer Holster (because there were no Droid holsters available) that had two large magnets to close the flap. The magnets initiate the Home Dock & Mobile Dock programs while the phone is holstered.

This will draw on the battery and run it down. I left the house this morning with a 100% charge, and returned 5 hours later with 15% charge remaining. I was using the Droid extensively for approximately 2 hours in between.

I noticed this also with a very nice Body Glove holster that I was considering today at the VZW store; the screen lit up while it was holstered.

The VZW Droid case uses velcro, which will wear out in time, but should definitely NOT affect the battery.

I have not read or searched for any related posts, so excuse me if I'm being redundant.

reidry

Reaction score
I had the same issue with magnets turning on the screen. I found a great case at Sam's Club today, $12.xx. Vertical Pouch style.

Ryan

Q

qoncept

Are there any cases that will work with the dock? I'm cheap and wasn't planning on paying $30 for the dock and instead waiting till 3rd party ones come out, but I'd really like to have one. That said, if I can't put a full case (either silicone or snap on), it's a deal breaker anyway.

bbdroid

Reaction score
I don't like the way the Body Glove leaves the face of the phone exposed. Someone clumsy like me is bound to crack the screen by bumping into something. I much prefer the pouch and I found some NFL pouches online for $14.99 (free S/H), so I'll probably go for that.

It really bugs me that VZW sell products that are so totally incompatible with each other just to make a sale. It's absurd that the BG case should be allowed to be sold with the car mount and multimedia station when they just won't fit together.
Why would you comment when you have not tried or bought anything????

mitchell

Reaction score
I got the clear snap on hard cover from the Verizon Store yesterday for $20. It is only a body cover, so the screen is still exposed, but overall I am really content with the fit of it as well as the size, due to it being one of the thinnest cases I've seen. I rate it 4/5

Queers4Gears

Reaction score
I bought the snap one hard clear plastic cover when I got the phone and took it back the next day. The main problem was when the using querty keyboard - the "picture frame" the snapped on the top went around the screen and made it hard to type on the top row of keys on keyboard.

there is not much of a gap between top row on keyboard and bottom of screen when slid open, so I think this will the same for any cover

akj27

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a leather pouch type case for the Droid? I used to own a Blackberry curve before the droid and this is what I used:

http://www.sparepartsformobiles.co.uk/mobile_phone_spares_images/main/Blackberry/83XX%20Curve%20Leather%20Pouch%20HDW-13386-001/Original%20Leather%20PocketPouch%20HDW13386-001.jpg

I'm looking for something similar to that.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, I did google motorola droid leather pouch but I'm looking for something that someone here owns, and some feedback.