Motorola Droid Case Reviews

lauriep

Reaction score
I purchased the DRoid landscape holster from verizon, i'm not crazy about the velcro and the holster is to stiff and cheap looking. I don't like body gloves, it hides the phone and i don't wanna add any more bulk to the phone.

The Dare had a pretty decent holster.

I got this one too, as a temporary measure. It isn't very nice. But it will give me the time to shop for one I love. I have an iPod Touch and got a leather case made by DLo for it (from Amazon) that I adore! It is perfect for that device. Hopefully, they will do Droid cases as well.

HarlyFan

Reaction score
Can someone post pics of the BodyGlove case with the phone in it?

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Can someone post pics of the BodyGlove case with the phone in it?

If no one beats me to it by tomorrow night, I'll take a picture of mine. I just took the case off (pain in the ass) after reading about how much trouble it gave everyone. The case is great, but will suck if you're using a dock or GPS mount.

I'm headed to bed.

Russell

Reaction score
I'm a volunteer firefighter and constantly find myself outside. I'm really looking for a good case with belt clip that doesn't add a lot of size or complication to the device like making the screen sticky.

I'm planning on grabbing my Droid after my next payday and I really haven't seen what I'm looking for yet as far as a good protective belt clip case.

Stangpilot27

Reaction score
I've been carefully caring mine around (mainly cause I can't seem to put it down) with the screen protector from the factory still on. I am looking for a case that offers dust protection, as I am a Heavy equipment operator by trade and would like to keep the phone nearby. At this point I'm considering leaving it in a secure location until break time or lunch comes around.

Anyone find a case .etc with good dust protection?

a73

Reaction score
bump -- i'm looking for a sleeve also, but with a thin profile and without a belt clip-- verizon has a leather pouch that looks like a billfold and without a belt clip, but I want a simple sleeve. Does this exist?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think thats what I have decided on. I really wanted a thicker silicone case but with the slider this will probably never happen. I don't want a clip on so the next best is a very low profile sleeve/pouch for it. With the exception of the belt clip and the velcro, i liked the Verizon one since it actually looked semi manly lol most pouches look kinda :|

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm found some skins by a company called Amzer that are silicone/rubber but Amazon is out of stock and other sites say they ship next week. Weird part is all the pics of them appear to be photoshopped, can't find an actual picture of one of these on a phone.

benhebert

Reaction score
Would love to see a Zagg Review stickied if it's good and includes pictures and all

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never had a full-phone stick on shield thing like Zagg, maybe its time to try that out.. hmm

davidalolo

Reaction score
I got the snap-on Silicone cover for my Motorola Droid. I really like it. I had a bodyguard cover for my Voyager awhile back but I didn't like it because it made my phone a lot bigger causing it to get stuck in my pockets.

Only downside to the snap-on cover is I bought a home dock for the Droid also and I need to take my cover off to dock it correctly. Although I can just set my phone on the dock in the right position to get the multimedia screen it is tough to balance it with the charger plugged in also. I think I am going to return the multimedia dock for this reason. It is not as cool as I thought it would be.

i hope some third party company will make a dock which supports the droid with a case on it..
yep and maybe make is so it has speaker or something kinda like a IHOME.

pope66682

Reaction score
I got the bodyglove cover when I purchased the phone. It sucks. You need to remove it to dock it for GPS or the multimedia station. Its extremely hard to take off, and it also makes it harder to slide it open for keyboard use. I returned it the same day.

Get the ZAGG full body cover. I had this on my old phone (voyager) and it doesnt effect the sensitivity and also when I removed it... the phone didnt have a scratch on it and looked brand new.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I got the bodyglove cover when I purchased the phone. It sucks. You need to remove it to dock it for GPS or the multimedia station. Its extremely hard to take off, and it also makes it harder to slide it open for keyboard use. I returned it the same day.

Get the ZAGG full body cover. I had this on my old phone (voyager) and it doesnt effect the sensitivity and also when I removed it... the phone didnt have a scratch on it and looked brand new.

The full body Zagg kit, how will that fare against accidental drops on concrete or what ever? It will prevent scratches but will it prevent dings and dents? Im still thinking a case of some sort will be best for me.