Motorola Droid Car Dock

davidlmao

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to buy the Motorola Droid Car Dock, made by Motorola. However, the snapping mechanism that holds the phone in place seems as though it may scratch the phone. Has anyone had any experiences with this? Does the dock scratch the phone? Thanks!

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
i have no scratches. its just a plastic clip.

REMilk

Reaction score
I have no scratches. I am n ot overly concerned as my Droid is a phone, not a piece of jewelry. I know that over time it will get its fair share on scratches.

yoyo814

Reaction score
Yea no scratches from the car dock. The body glove verizon tries to sell you at purchase is another story...

Another_Dude

Reaction score
No scratches on my nekkid Droid.

Target had a universal vent clip mount for GPS units in their clearance section ($15) that will work w/ the Motorola mount, so now my Droid gets a nice cool breeze and doesn't have to ride on my dash/windshield.

brianarmstrong1

Reaction score
I have no scratches. I am n ot overly concerned as my Droid is a phone, not a piece of jewelry. I know that over time it will get its fair share on scratches.

My Droid is not a phone, it is my life! Ok that may be stretching it a bit too far, but for all that it can do, and for as much as I spent/spend on it, I'm with the OP, I wouldn't want any scratches on this baby for as long as possible!

JerryRogan

Reaction score
No scratches on mine either... This thing has also hung on to my windshield through several deep potholes in the road. Just a great accessory.

Between this accessory and the Multimedia Charging Dock, I'm pretty much a happy camper.

markwebb

Reaction score
No scratches on mine either... This thing has also hung on to my windshield through several deep potholes in the road. Just a great accessory.

Between this accessory and the Multimedia Charging Dock, I'm pretty much a happy camper.

Likewise! I utlilize the Multimedia Charging Dock at work (constant advertisement coupled with the "Droid" notification sound and reminder to employees here who have the Iphone) and the Car Dock fits snugly and doesn't scratch. I can't ask for anything more...well, maybe the 2.2 update but that is fodder for the other threads.:)

ITguy4

Reaction score
Same here. Have used the car dock for 2 months straight with 5 to 6 docks per day and not one scratch. I agree that both the car dock and the charging station are terrific accessories. Both do exactly what they claim to do. The car dock is very well made and very study.

TekHawk

Reaction score
one thing to look out for is that the wire drops directly from the phone to the cig lighter if you have it hit the dash first it will over time bend the change port in your droid I have had it happen twice now

mkw87

Reaction score
No scratches on my droid but do be aware that you have to remove any cases / covers from your droid to make it fit. However, its a quick process to snap the covers off and well worth it. The only other problem I have noticed is now that summer is here mine will sometimes overheat if I have it in the window in direct sunlight while charging. This didn't cause the phone to shut off or anything, but it did quit charging due to heat.