Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date?

bpowellAU

Reaction score
ouch that hurts, I was really looking forward to this being like the D1 but I guess you win some and you lose some. Maybe I'll have to take another look at the HTC.:angry:

nakhleh926

Reaction score
its nice that they're at least trying to find some middle ground for the newer phones, sure it sucks that the bootloader on the DX was locked, but honestly if I was a decent coder itd make the whole process more fun to have it locked, because then unless you just stop trying theres this neverending game youre playing with motorola where you're trying your best to hack something they made. and the game just continues with every new phone where they will probably make it even harder which will in return make you try harder and etc. however, as I'm not a coder, BAD MOTOROLA. BAD.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mat4ov

Reaction score
its nice that they're at least trying to find some middle ground for the newer phones, sure it sucks that the bootloader on the DX was locked, but honestly if I was a decent coder itd make the whole process more fun to have it locked, because then unless you just stop trying theres this neverending game youre playing with motorola where you're trying your best to hack something they made. and the game just continues with every new phone where they will probably make it even harder which will in return make you try harder and etc. however, as I'm not a coder, BAD MOTOROLA. BAD.

You make a good point with the game aspect of it, but there's a point where it gets frustrating and when the best coders on all of the forums still haven't cracked the code when the phone is at the end of it's life then you've crossed the line from a fun challenge to control freak inhibiting the use of the phone.

nakhleh926

Reaction score

You make a good point with the game aspect of it, but there's a point where it gets frustrating and when the best coders on all of the forums still haven't cracked the code when the phone is at the end of it's life then you've crossed the line from a fun challenge to control freak inhibiting the use of the phone.

I agree with that completely, id probably spend like three months on it then meh. hopefully they do something good with the bionic, it looks really nice, but even if they don't im sure id still buy it since regardless itll probably be better than anything out before it.

mat4ov

Reaction score
Exactly, the bionic's hardware makes it the best phone through vzw and so they'll sell tons of them regardless of the bootloader which is why I'm betting they wont change much if they change anything at all. But here's to hoping I'm wrong!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Aram58

Reaction score
Exactly, the bionic's hardware makes it the best phone through vzw and so they'll sell tons of them regardless of the bootloader which is why I'm betting they wont change much if they change anything at all. But here's to hoping I'm wrong!

That's why motorola is able to keep locking phones. they know people will buy them anyways.

also, did anybody else notice that moto made their remarks about their locks around the same time that aliasxerog released his progress on the x bootloader?

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
Please tell me i'll not have to consider anticipating yet another (different) phone? (the bad news from Howard) anyone know where i can just pick up an X (cheep) to carry me? I am not one who n e e d s the rootn n bootn - but.. for a temp - 3-6 month fix.. may be cool to try~ love to learn stuff...

mikehal38

Reaction score
Please tell me i'll not have to consider anticipating yet another (different) phone? (the bad news from Howard) anyone know where i can just pick up an X (cheep) to carry me? I am not one who n e e d s the rootn n bootn - but.. for a temp - 3-6 month fix.. may be cool to try~ love to learn stuff...

I just picked up a dx to hold me over until the bionic drops and I love it. Rooted it the day I got it and I'm still running it stock for the moment and so far its a great phone.I was lucky enough to get this one for $100!

diverbelow

Reaction score
As of right now you are eligible for an annual upgrade at an upgrade cost.

This is how the new upgrade policy works.

1. All customers who activate / upgrade on a qualifying plan prior to January 16th, 2011 are enrolled in NE2 (New Every 2) and eligible to use the NE2 discount for up to six months from the date they become eligible.

2. Any customer who uses an NE2 credit or Annual Upgrade after January 16, 2011 will no longer be eligible for either program. On March 6, 2011, VZW systems will be updated to reflect this.

4. Business customers continue to receive either the two-year corporate matrix tiered device pricing or two-year retail device pricing per contract.

5. Customers will now be eligible for promotional pricing after 20 months on a 2-year contract and 10 months on a 1-year contract.

haha still a little confused. so will i be able to upgrade at the upgrade cost when these phones become available. ???

From the way they word it yes, but that is the last time you will be able to do an early upgrade. You will have to wait a minimum of 20 months to upgrade again. That is unless you add a line like alot of us have done.

I am also waiting for the Moto Bionic. On myVZW page, it said I can upgrade in 9/7/11 but I got an email and it shows in myVZW page that I can upgrade now. Since I can upgrade now, does that 6 month rule apply or when my actual upgrade hits?

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
you can upgrade now at an upgrade price, but when you get it in the 6 month window, from 18 mo to the full 2 years you get an additional 50$ off with the new every two program.

codye91

Reaction score
I think I might just lose my mind. I am up for upgrade on Feb 1 and I have dreamed about running over this blackberry storm with a truck for the last two years... And now Verizon has to do this to me???? Tell me people. What should I do? I want a DX now to hold me over but I don't want to break myself when the bionic hits... whenever it does. What should I do?!?!?!?!?!