Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date?

Drukan

Reaction score
Just a lil observation i made... But any one else notice not one "hands on" pic or vid from CES, shows 4G.. or signal bars on the BIONIC?????? (it was always in airplane mode, or had the roaming triangle)

The LG and the HTC both were "on the network" showing the 4G symbol and bars in every vid from CES...

From this alone i think the Bionic may be a lil further off then we hope. I really want to wait for this over the Thunderbolt... but the "first to 4G" might really be true for HTC.

tmwilson02

Reaction score
All assumptions...

So there is potentially 3-4 phones arriving on Verizon before the Bionic. Thunderbolt, LG, Samsung, and iPhone (again potentially). It would make sense to expect at least a 30 day separation between these phones so people can't use the return poilicy to switch phones. However, it seems that Verizon is going to a 14 day return policy. Does this mean we can expect the most recent round of annouced phones to start hitting Verizon at a faster rate?

Verizon to cut return policy to 14 days effective Jan 16th | Android Central

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of Verizon cutting the return time but I do think 2 weeks is long enough to figure out whether you like it or not. But I hope this comes out sooner if it's supposed to get an update to support LTE.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
^It's going to come out with LTE. It's amazing how much misinformation has spread. The Bionic will be coming with LTE, the Xoom will be 4g upgradeable.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I was listening to some of the hands on videos and I heard the moto rep say its in demo mode and they were on WiFi only no 4G connection. So if the 4G symbol was showing then that is disappointing to say the least. Trying to game the demo a bit.

tmwilson02

Reaction score
I was listening to some of the hands on videos and I heard the moto rep say its in demo mode and they were on WiFi only no 4G connection. So if the 4G symbol was showing then that is disappointing to say the least. Trying to game the demo a bit.

Good observation, but I would hope that because it was in a "demo" mode they would illuminate the 4G for demonstration purposes. I think if it wasn't there people would be pointing out the exact opposite of what you did. In a product demo mode I am sure Motorola can have any combination of icons in the notification bar illuminated. Food for thought.

I know it has only been 3 days, but I am ready for another leak of any sort on this phone. Sitting on an upgrade since September.

Zackbushy

Reaction score
Ok what is EOL? I have seen it multiple time..and I hope to get the bionic because.i.have an upgrade at the end of February.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

RLI3

Reaction score
So, Black_Man_X recently posted this "sneaky panda tweet/poem" in response to an inquiry to the T-Bolt's release date:

"when the color green is all you see
and they speak of pots of gold,
perhaps in the lingering cold
you may yet, hear the thunder roll,
for despite the clamor and Jobs much hyped antenna ..
there are other treasures to behold.
For if you wait but a scant
till after the passover event
you may find dual core gold…"

He goes on to clarify that he's is referencing 2 devices. So, are we looking sometime around St. Patrick's day for the T-Bolt and late April for the Bionic?

^^^Posted this in the T-Bolt release date thread. Thought you guys might be interested, too.

mat4ov

Reaction score
If that's correct then that'd indicate a release date of April 26 since the Droids are generally released on Tuesdays and the "Passover event" would be Easter which is the 24th..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

altimax98

Reaction score
So, Black_Man_X recently posted this "sneaky panda tweet/poem" in response to an inquiry to the T-Bolt's release date:

"when the color green is all you see
and they speak of pots of gold,
perhaps in the lingering cold
you may yet, hear the thunder roll,
for despite the clamor and Jobs much hyped antenna ..
there are other treasures to behold.
For if you wait but a scant
till after the passover event
you may find dual core gold…"

He goes on to clarify that he's is referencing 2 devices. So, are we looking sometime around St. Patrick's day for the T-Bolt and late April for the Bionic?

^^^Posted this in the T-Bolt release date thread. Thought you guys might be interested, too.

Totally awesome.. From reading that out seems like they are speaking of 3 devices... Thunderbolt, iphone 4, Bionic. In my thoughts:
The thunder (thunderbolt) will roll despite the clamor (announcement of iphone) and jobs (steve) much hyped antenna (iphone 4). Then of course the dual core gold is bionic.

My idea is that The thunderbolt will be released shortly after the iphone announcement but before the iphone is released, followed by the bionic.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

mikehal38

Reaction score
Quarter two actually begins january 1st so that means the bionic could be released anytime through the end of march I believe.

tmwilson02

Reaction score
Quarter two actually begins january 1st so that means the bionic could be released anytime through the end of march I believe.

Fiscal Quarter 2 begins January. Not the same thing. I wish that was the case though.

mikehal38

Reaction score
Tricky tricky, I guess i'll be waiting a while to upgrade then. I've been waiting since october so i'm getting a bit restless lol.