Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unlocked bootloader and vanilla android?? I'll believe it when I see it. But if so I'll be selling the X for sure.

And what about the Etna??? Haven't heard a peep about it or the Olympus.

This is the Etna, most likely, and it also come with a locked bootloader. I will sell my droid and buy an iphone if/when it comes to verizon if this thing isn't as locked as our x.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well I tell you what buy the Thunderbolt...and when the Bionic come out and IF it turns out to be unlocked....I will PM you everyday to rub it in :p.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone ppl good points at a few sites, this has a Tegra 2. Maybe it was the OMAP that had all that security.

Nvidia has OCing software for their desktop video cards. Maybe they wont be so locked down on the mobile side too.

And I can see Moto spinning it as "embracing open source, we listened to your concerns....etc, etc., when in reality it might be that they just cant lock it down as tight.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unlocked bootloader and vanilla android?? I'll believe it when I see it. But if so I'll be selling the X for sure.

This is the Etna, most likely, and it also come with a locked bootloader. I will sell my droid and buy an iphone if/when it comes to verizon if this thing isn't as locked as our x.

Well I tell you what buy the Thunderbolt...and when the Bionic come out and IF it turns out to be unlocked....I will PM you everyday to rub it in :p.

LOL ok pc. Though I got my eyes on the LG Optimus Black now :p

*crosses fingers in hopes it comes to vzw :(*

Canadroid

Reaction score
this guy on engadget:

a search box taking up half the screen? what an excuse of a UI. this is what happens when you have an advertising company (google) making software, it tries to force you to use google at the UI's expense. noone wants a lame search box.

this phone's edges look thick, round, and fugly. the back is just disgusting. my samsung focus is laughing at the thickness.

Is this guy mad there's no Bing....?

I don't get it. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Naaa after this big announcement the Thunderbolt kinda lost it's spark. If I do decide to upgrade this year (who am I kidding LOL) the Bionic will be right at the top of the list.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
this guy on engadget:

a search box taking up half the screen? what an excuse of a UI. this is what happens when you have an advertising company (google) making software, it tries to force you to use google at the UI's expense. noone wants a lame search box.

this phone's edges look thick, round, and fugly. the back is just disgusting. my samsung focus is laughing at the thickness.

His name is fanboy and he's a PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What your language on the forum that includes trying to by-pass the filters...or replacing it with asterisks. Last Warning.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
This is what I've been waiting for. My contract is up in June!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Meet my next phone!

droidilac

Reaction score
this guy on engadget:

I was trying to figure this guy out myself.... I don't know what he has against Android... there isn't such a thing as a one size fits all phone where everybody and their moms want one. Lol to each their own I know I really like this one though.... let's hope its unlocked....

tktouch12

Reaction score
for some reason i really like this phone, i'm usually more of an htc/sense guy. and we've seen a lot of phones recently being leaked, but this one really catches me for some reason. i think the posibility of 1 gb ram and unlocked bootloader with 4g and a dual core really do it for me. it just seems perfect.
i might just wait for my upgrade next december for once they they dual cores down and really crazy stuff is going on,, but i probably wont be able to control myself and i'll get a new phone before that..

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
I like this phone...but I like having a physical keyboard...wheres the DROID 3? and when it does come out, I hope its Global the first time around so they dont have to release a 2nd version 3 months after...haha

chris420o

Reaction score
um all i can say is...wow

this is DEF the droid im looking for

been waiting to upgrade the trusty ol d1...and moto never failed this is gonna be the second gen phone for us d1 fellas/ladies...i dont care i love the droid line up and ill never switch for some htc sense mumbo jumbo or some lg nonsense i wouldnt buy an lg tv let alone a phone

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If the unlocked bootloader is true, this will most likely be my next phone.

WishRyder

Reaction score
I like this phone...but I like having a physical keyboard...wheres the DROID 3? and when it does come out, I hope its Global the first time around so they dont have to release a 2nd version 3 months after...haha

Motorola has mentioned something codenamed Motorola Solana that hints at having similar specs to the Motorola Olympus, but with a full sliding qwerty keyboard.

The problem is, Solana is mostly just rumor, and this is a phone we can actually see. It will be hard to wait for a rumor once this one is already sitting on the store shelf.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me likey. :)

Of course as time goes on and we learn more, I may change back to the Thunderbolt, but for now the Bionic looks sweet.