Motorola Droid Bionic Getting Jelly Bean in Q2

thesteveoproject

Reaction score
As long as it gets rid of that ridiculous SmartActions bullcrap that came out with the ICS update. All that's done is get in my way and slow my phone down temporarily when it comes up with another "suggestion". Granted by then I might have a new phone anyways, but if not, it will be interesting to see what this next update will include.:happy3:

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
As long as it gets rid of that ridiculous SmartActions bullcrap that came out with the ICS update. All that's done is get in my way and slow my phone down temporarily when it comes up with another "suggestion". Granted by then I might have a new phone anyways, but if not, it will be interesting to see what this next update will include.:happy3:

You can easily disable Smart Actions by going into Settings-Apps-All Apps, select Smart Actions, and then hit Disable. Same goes for a lot of bloatware.

thesteveoproject

Reaction score
You can easily disable Smart Actions by going into Settings-Apps-All Apps, select Smart Actions, and then hit Disable. Same goes for a lot of bloatware.

Every day I think I've figured this phone out, and almost every day I continue to learn something new. Didn't even think it was possible to do that with SmartActions. Thanks for that.:icon_ banana:

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Every day I think I've figured this phone out, and almost every day I continue to learn something new. Didn't even think it was possible to do that with SmartActions. Thanks for that.:icon_ banana:

You're welcome. Disabling pre-loaded apps is something that wasn't possible before ICS (unless you're rooted). If you're feeling adventurous, research lists of bloatware that are safe to disable, although I think it's only more risky if you're rooted and disable a necessary app. Good luck.

Spankdefault

Reaction score
Pacman ROM was a very good ROM. The only problem I had with it was that the tether would not work correctly after some time. I hope it is just something I missed. When it started acting up, it cycles the internet connection on and off. I tried using Wi-Fi tether for root users as well as the built in tether... No difference. I tried clearing the cache and dalvick... worked for a few seconds, but then it started cycling the connection again. I even tried switching mobile network antennae... Didn't work either. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm back on eclipse ICS 1.3 for now. Anybody else have this issue?

Clif

Reaction score
So far, it runs just like the Ice Cream Sandwich did. I've ony had it running a few hours though. Time will tell!

noogie186

Reaction score
jellybean update for bionic

was notified this morn and did the ota update...so far, everything is workin smooth and fast, is rock solid...a few differences from ics, but minor stuff. my only beef w my bionic is that it would go from 4g to 3g anytime, usually when i didnt want it to...hasnt happened yet w jb so maybe that is a thing of the past...anyway, after one day, i like it and would recommend