Motorola Droid Bionic Getting Jelly Bean in Q2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-droid-bionic-red-background.png

Motorola Droid Bionic Users will have a cause to celebrate today. Motorola indicated they will be upgrading the venerable handset to Jelly Bean sometime in Q2 of this year. This is a fairly big window of time, but at least it is scheduled to happen before June 31st. Sound off if you are still using the once popular superphone.

Source: Motorola

Clif

Reaction score
I am still using the original Bionic. I am looking forward to the update. I just hope it does not slow my phone down any more than it currently is!

GAstorino

Reaction score
Sorta sucks that I will have a Samsung Galaxy 4 by then. Don't know why they waited so long. That is the problem with these updates they take 6 months to a year and by then the technology has advanced so far to why even do the update, better getting a new phone.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I'm running the new pacman rom it is jb 4.2. 2 camera working. It is spectacular best rom hands down for the Bionic!

Icculus760

Reaction score
I'm running the new pacman rom it is jb 4.2. 2 camera working. It is spectacular best rom hands down for the Bionic!

+1.........MILLION!!!! I d/l'ed and installed PACMAN yesterday and, well, WOW. Just WOW. For those flashaholic BIONIC folks, you won't be disappointed with that ROM. Amazingly fast, stable & customizable. This will help me get to the SGS4 release date that much easier! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'll never buy a Samsung phone. My Bionic has worked flawlessly for what I use it for and I don't plan on even thinking about upgrading until after Google I/O.

You want to know what the point is GAstorino? It's pretty simple...not everyone gets the newest phone as soon as it's released. Especially on Verizon, where being grandfathered into unlimited data means buying every phone outright. The Bionic is an especially good deal for people like that, as it's fairly cheap to buy now, has the LTE antennae, and still has developers working on it even though it's a year and a half old.

Oh and SILVER COUPE, this picture is for you:

View attachment 61529

Looks like Flash works just fine...running on my Nexus 7 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I'll definitely look at pacman when I get home from training!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it's nice to see it's getting Jb... finally, after so long... after waiting forever... after the razr and d4 gets it.

whatever.

oh and vepaot, I didn't think I'd ever buy a samsung phone........... that was until I got the Note 2, and I'd never.. NEVER look back at the razr, hell the razr HD is tiny in comparison, and honestly the 2gb of ram... really makes a huge difference

I'll run an app early this morning, a game.... and I'll have to stop playing it abruptly because of something. I'll just hit the home key and go about my business... then later at night, after I forgot I've been playing it, or even the next day, I'll go to play it again and it's still cached where it was. I never ever had this happen on my razr maxx bionic d4 d2g etc. the app would just disappear and half the time I'd lose what I was doing. hopefully moto starts putting 2gb of ram in their phones.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I hear you liftedplane, that extra gig of RAM makes a huge difference in how long you can keep apps cached. Honestly if my Nexus 7 had 2gb, I'd be set for life. As of the moment though, my phone is mainly just used to tether my tablet to the Internet and to make phone calls. Everything else is done on the tablet, except in the event I'm playing a game or reading a book, in which case responding to a quick text is simpler from the phone.

But yeah, I think 2 gigs is the way they'll go from here on out, if not more in the near future. I can still wait that one out though, especially if we get lucky and Motorola contracts the Tegra 4 for the CPU in the new X Phone(s). My problem with Samsung isn't so much their product, but the way they market it. They put so much into advertising themselves as the Apple Killers. That and if the entire Cyanogenmod team refuses to mod for the S4 and other Samsung phones from here on out, I think the developer community as a whole for Samsung phones is going to suffer greatly for it. Which is a bummer since Samsung has no real reason to be so stingy with their code.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hear you liftedplane, that extra gig of RAM makes a huge difference in how long you can keep apps cached. Honestly if my Nexus 7 had 2gb, I'd be set for life. As of the moment though, my phone is mainly just used to tether my tablet to the Internet and to make phone calls. Everything else is done on the tablet, except in the event I'm playing a game or reading a book, in which case responding to a quick text is simpler from the phone.

But yeah, I think 2 gigs is the way they'll go from here on out, if not more in the near future. I can still wait that one out though, especially if we get lucky and Motorola contracts the Tegra 4 for the CPU in the new X Phone(s). My problem with Samsung isn't so much their product, but the way they market it. They put so much into advertising themselves as the Apple Killers. That and if the entire Cyanogenmod team refuses to mod for the S4 and other Samsung phones from here on out, I think the developer community as a whole for Samsung phones is going to suffer greatly for it. Which is a bummer since Samsung has no real reason to be so stingy with their code.

I agree with you entirely, and honestly I'll probably never item anything other than a phablet sized phone ever again, there just so much that can be done on it.

---
I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
+1.........MILLION!!!! I d/l'ed and installed PACMAN yesterday and, well, WOW. Just WOW. For those flashaholic BIONIC folks, you won't be disappointed with that ROM. Amazingly fast, stable & customizable. This will help me get to the SGS4 release date that much easier! :biggrin:

You are 100 percent correct there Ida's no other ROM to flash but pacman it is that Good it's amazing.

cybercat6

Reaction score
Ditto

I am still using the original Bionic. I am looking forward to the update. I just hope it does not slow my phone down any more than it currently is!

I have my second (replacement) Bionic - can't afford a new phone/to lose my unlimited data! So yes, I am looking forward to this - and yes, it would be the 4.1 version, I expect.