Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I'm at 40% now, been unplugged for almost 15 hours. Gonna leave it off the charger tonight and wait till it dies tomorrow before I charge it. I'll then answer this poll:)

evilsock

Reaction score
HEAVY use, wifi tether for entire online poker tourneys, pandora everymorn from 8-11, ultimate holdem timer, trackmaster, are all almost daily apps for me, with SPORE, sNes emu, and what the doodle are almost daily also_Of course alot of txt.
i voted for 16-20 but i included my sleep time, bc i dont charge it till it dies, im a nazi about conditioning batteries for some reason.
hello seidio! where is desktop charger that charges spare battery so i can just swap that sucker and go! ive done it with EVERY other smartphone ive had.

athensparks

Reaction score
i did a lot of playing around with this and found that i am a moderate to heavy user but if i disable my background data and only refresh fb and gmail when i want to look at it i can go almost 2 whole days. Using the background to get the weather, FB news feeds and the all the news updates drains the battery, but you can get the updates by just clicking on the app.

that is what i love about the droid if i want, i can get the 2 days out of the phone if i kill app, and turn off background data.

but if i want everything synced to date and all the current news and weather i just enable the background data and i get about 1 days worth.

lots of wiggle room on the droid.

ASN-121

Reaction score
Medium user I suppose...
Text, call, Facebook, MySpace, and occasional internet. Yesterday I unplugged it at 6:30, and it was completely dead by 3:30, didn't even use the phone or internet once. Normally, runs about 7 hours or so before I need to find one of my many chargers strategically placed throughout my home/car/workspace.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
29 hours and 45 minutes~ from fully charged to dead. just ended a phone call with the girl, phone dies 30 seconds later:)

No we'll see how long it takes to charge back up to 100%

xtreme

Reaction score
I demo my phone all day long to customers with ?s on the Droid, and with a minium of about 1hr 1/2 of talk time and with text, i get about easy 20+ hrs with about 20% -30% of batt left

xtreme

Reaction score
Medium user I suppose...
Text, call, Facebook, MySpace, and occasional internet. Yesterday I unplugged it at 6:30, and it was completely dead by 3:30, didn't even use the phone or internet once. Normally, runs about 7 hours or so before I need to find one of my many chargers strategically placed throughout my home/car/workspace.

i would probably get your battery checked to make sure its not defective, there have been some droids being shipped with defective batterys

Joshyman

Reaction score
I'm a pretty heavy user. I'm on the browser and YouTube a good portion out of my day. I am right now! I keep brightness on medium, satellite off but I leave sync on. I get about 14 hours on a good day.

Patrollin

Reaction score
Just got my phone about a week ago (!!) and I think im averaging between 9-11 hours with heavy usage. Very little actual talk time on the phone, but spending loads of time customizing/acquiring new apps, internet browsing (I've been experimenting between Dolphin and stock browser a lot...multi-touch is nice but the stock browser aligns everything up so nicely and is more intuitive so far), constant gtalk, youtube, pandora, and of course at least an hour playing robo defense. Thats with medium brightness, wi-fi and GPS off.

Turning off Sync and using low brightness definitely extends the battery life by a couple hours. And btw, the Battery Left app is pretty sweet for those of you still shopping around for battery apps...takes a while to calibrate but it gives you numbers for your perecentage of battery life remaining, an actual measurement in HOURS of battery time remaining, and the amount of time an average full charge is estimated to last.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd say I am a medium user....take my phone off the charger at 6am. get to work at 7am. while at work my screen at 10% brightness.I update my facebook, email, text , phone calls, market, install apps, when I get home at 4:30 I am at about 40% battery left when I go to bed 10pm-12pm probably at 20% battery left.
so 6am to 12am is pretty good if you ask me.
if I was streaming pandora, or using navigation im sure my battery would be significantly less.

-=Jason=-

jrod1990

Reaction score
I charge mine in the morning while I do my paper route ( another story ) and unplug when I pull into work at 7am and by the time I go to bed it's at the 15% reminder, which gets me through my 6 hours of sleep and phone based alarm. No fb, twit or myspace. Phone, text, e-mail and a lot of internet.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well today my battery didn't last as long as it normally does its at 18% now at just shy of 12 hours

-=Jason=-

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Medium user here. Don't do much talking on this thing, didn't know that was a feature lol. Can do about 15 hours with about 30 % left. Many just browse, install apps or updates from market, use google talk and voice.