Motorola DROID A855 update??

spazem

Reaction score
Can u help it wont let me install rom. I put update.zip on sdcard and went recovery and it keeps aborting due to signature.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the update yesterday and Swype stopped working. You can type but not swype. What does it mean to "Simply delete he data on Swype and use the installer to generate a new license? Delete a data directory on the phone and run the installer again?

OK, I went to Settings>Manage applications>Swype and pressed the "Clear Data" button. Then I opened the Swype Installer (which I had left installed). It'll ask if you want to generate a new license. Log in and do so. Swype should work after that. This is assuming Swype and the Installer are up to date.

I cleared the data, downloaded a new installer, then uninstalled and re-installed. Unfortunately now I get a Registration of Swype failed. Went onto the site, had them re-send the e-mail, but no joy. Registration is still failing.

Anything I need to do at the website to generate a new license. User ID and password are correct as I can log into the Swype website

Sorry. When I got notice that Swype was improved I had to uninstall Swype entirely, then used the installer to reinstall. I kept getting the same Registration failure notice until I did that. When's the last time you updated Swype? It was updated a couple of weeks ago.

illmatic636

Reaction score
It just brings Froyo version to 2.2.2 for those on the stock rom.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Absolutely. And no root yet for 2.2.2 :-( for those that lost root. I'm sure not for long, but, seems devs have moved on to GingerBread. So it could be a few.........days

beckx020

Reaction score
Ok, please help me here. I have FRG83D installed on my D1. It's rooted and I used MotoCache's "root reguardless of OS" to root it. Now is the new update to FRG83G (I think) and it won't install. I want this update because it fixes the problem with messages going to the wrong person. I need root again after that.

So... How do I make this update install? I keep reading things in threads and none of it helps me.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Ok, please help me here. I have FRG83D installed on my D1. It's rooted and I used MotoCache's "root reguardless of OS" to root it. Now is the new update to FRG83G (I think) and it won't install. I want this update because it fixes the problem with messages going to the wrong person. I need root again after that.

So... How do I make this update install? I keep reading things in threads and none of it helps me.

The recovery you are using has a option to block or allow OTA updates I think. I'm using RZR 2.02 and it has that option.

If you really want this update and also want to stay rooted, I suggest that you download Pete Alfonso's GPA14 build. It keeps you rooted and updates you to FRG83G. you'll find it in the Bugless Beast forum in custom roms section.

Don't worry, Its stock as can be. The way Motorola would have wanted it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
@illmatic636 -- There's something... unpleasant about the way you said that. :)

@beckx020 -- Yes, if you want to remain rooted your best bet is to flash a ROM. If you're going to take the plunge I'd recommend you look into something more functional than Motorola stock, but I totally understand if you don't want to go that route. Pete's stock ROMs are usually right on the money. I haven't been around much but I haven't heard that it has any problems.