Motorola DROID 5 Sports 4.3" 720p Display

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
droid%205.png

On a slow news day in Android land the Motorola DROID 5 makes an appearance on the Chinese site Weibo, and spec nerds everywhere may find themselves coming a way a little disappointed with Moto's latest DROID. It's hard to believe that we are already up to the 5th Generation DROID that kicked off the Android craze but here we are. As you can see the DROID 5 will obviously still be packing the five (5) row QWERTY keyboard that everyone has come to love on this handset. The display gets a .3" bump from 4", and a resolution of 720 x 1280 -- up from the lackluster 540 x 960 resolution (qHD).

These next round of specs are only rumor at this point, but we are going to toss them out there anyhow because that's just how we roll here at DroidForums. Under the hood (remember this is rumor) the DROID 5 is powered by a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus, Adreno 255 GPU and 1GB of RAM on board. Did I just hear all the air let out of the balloon? The choice to go with only a GIG of RAM is a curious one, but if this handset sells sub $199.00 on contract we will forgive this decision. Rounding out the rumored specs is 16GB of onboard storage with microSD support in tow.

There you have it folks. The latest rumors and pics of the 5th Gen handset that started it all. Drop us a line and let us know what you think.

Via: newcellphonesblog / WeiBo

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I do wish Verizon would make it a little easier to identify their phones.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who dreamed of a Droid 5 with a, let's pick a number out of the air... 5" display???

Definitely should have 2 Gigs, and 1080p Display.

The 5th Gen should be LIKE NOTHING ELSE.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Think most company all but abandoned the slider kb. I sensed that last year and it is even more prevalent this year. For me that is one of the reasons I went n2 because I felt the bigger screen would make up for not having a slider.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well you know Google (IMO) didn't have anything to do with this.I would think this has to be one of the phones Google talked about that was in the pipe before they took over.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think most company all but abandoned the slider kb. I sensed that last year and it is even more prevalent this year. For me that is one of the reasons I went n2 because I felt the bigger screen would make up for not having a slider.
They're still a few kboarders out there.I don't think Google will let them make no more than 500 nation wide.:D

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They're still a few kboarders out there.I don't think Google will let them make no more than 500 nation wide.:D
After dutifully owning the D1 and then the D3, I'd be hurt and insulted by that comment, except that the appearance of the D4 left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm actually OK making the switch to a virtual keyboard. I realize that's analogous to someone buying their first cell-phone in 2010 (talk about late-adopter) but better late-than-never I say. Actually, my trigger finger is poised as I wait for the release of the G2 -- either that or the One -- so given the screen size I'm sure I'll be fine.

-Matt

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just sorry I didn't hurt/insult you.Ooooh well!!!,back to the drawing board.lol!!!

Sent from my HTC One rockin Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Popezaphod

Reaction score
And yet another reason why I'm giving up my keyboard for a sleeker phone like the HTC One or the Moto X.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
And yet another reason why I stand behind my comment,500 nation wide.For sure this one ought to hurt/insult him.lol!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm just sorry I didn't hurt/insult you.Ooooh well!!!,back to the drawing board.lol!!!

Note 3? You about to snag a note 3? Didnt you just get a htc one :p

T-mobile just turned on lte in my area and compared to vzw and att the speeds are on par. For right now I am staying put/parked with At&t but I am lurking seeing if t-mobile continues to improve and fix the dead spots in my area.

Erikbal

Reaction score
Seriously 1gb of RAM? I hope it has more than that. I love my Droid 4 and have been dreaming of a 5. I'd like to see something like 1.5-1.9ghz, 2GB of RAM, better screen resolution ect ect...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah,I tried to fight it but that 5.7 Super Amoled screen 1080p,Snapdragon pen,removable batt,SD card got me.When I pre ordered it I did a Florida Evans off of Good Times, Damm,damm,damm.lol!!!