Motorola Droid 4 keeps turning VIBRATE back on

BarbChamberlain

Reaction score
This problem has occurred since I got the phone a few months ago.

I *do not* want it to vibrate in any mode whatsoever. I love the phone but hate the honking sound of the vibration and it's very disruptive in a quiet setting.

I go into Apps/Setting/Sound/Vibrate and toggle NEVER.

After this it sometimes stays quiet for a day, but it sometimes honks at me within seconds with a notification of some kind. When I go back into the Sound settings again, sometimes it's still showing NEVER but sometimes it's showing "only when on silent" so something has changed the setting.

Never means never-ever and I'm tired of being startled by it.

Do I have to go into each individual app and tell it not to send notifications, or notifications w/sound, in order to make this stop? I would think the phone settings would rule the individual apps and do not relish the idea of having to diagnose everything that's triggering vibration.

OP
B

BarbChamberlain

Reaction score
I don't know yet whether I've fixed this, but I'm sharing one step for others--

After posting this, the next time it vibrated (despite me having it set to NEVER), I noticed it was a FB update notification coming in. I confirmed that the vibrate setting was still set on NEVER (it was).

I then went into my FB app settings and turned off notifications. I'll see if this fixes it but am still annoyed that what should be a universal setting for the phone can be overridden by an app. However, given that it's FB I know I can't get anywhere complaining to them.

This problem has occurred since I got the phone a few months ago.

I *do not* want it to vibrate in any mode whatsoever. I love the phone but hate the honking sound of the vibration and it's very disruptive in a quiet setting.

I go into Apps/Setting/Sound/Vibrate and toggle NEVER.

After this it sometimes stays quiet for a day, but it sometimes honks at me within seconds with a notification of some kind. When I go back into the Sound settings again, sometimes it's still showing NEVER but sometimes it's showing "only when on silent" so something has changed the setting.

Never means never-ever and I'm tired of being startled by it.

Do I have to go into each individual app and tell it not to send notifications, or notifications w/sound, in order to make this stop? I would think the phone settings would rule the individual apps and do not relish the idea of having to diagnose everything that's triggering vibration.