Motorola Droid 4 Already Reviewed by Wirefly (Video)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Oz6rc4gYjlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Oz6rc4gYjlY[/video]​

Now here is something I didn't expect to see yet... we have a video review of the Motorola Droid 4 already. Wirefly, the online retailer, got their hands on the Moto Droid 4 and gave it their once over. The reviewer actually compared it to the Droid 3, which was useful. He seemed overall fairly impressed with the device. The reviewer preferred the keyboard on the Droid 4. He points out that their sizes are relatively the same, including thickness, although the Droid 4 is a tiny bit wider. He wasn't impressed with the camera. He didn't think it was bad, but simply pretty good. The reviewer liked the call quality and found it to be above average. He pointed out that the phone had government grade security encryption. He also did a speedtest and, in his location, he got a 7.9Mbps Download and a 11.6Mbps upload, which seemed a bit backwards to me.

He finally ran some benchmarks. In the quadrant test the phone scored a 2429. The Antutu benchmark scored 6200. Overall, the phone seems like a rehash of the Droid 3, with the added feature of 4G LTE, which isn't a bad thing at all, but I suppose if you don't need/want that service (or can't get it in your area), then it might be worth it to stick to the Droid 3. What do you guys think?

Source: Android.net via TalkAndroid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Great review. I'm not getting this phone, but a good friend of mine is. Hopefully I can get a little hands on time with it when they order it.

edit: He did a good job with the camera and video. Wish he'd give his thoughts on the keyboard a bit more though. That's the main point of the phone, imo.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I like the name Verotorola.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I miss having a slider. My next phone will either be a motorola droid slider (not the 4 so I guess the 5) or an iphone. The deciding factors will be the screen size of the 5 and if its lte capable and motorola's bootloader situation. But its coming down to motorola or apple for me.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It really is not a bad looking device and a good review. I always liked having a slider (D1 and D2) so I may at some point try and get a hold of one to check it out.

gthotie5

Reaction score
I Have an upgrade in June so the Droid 5 will be out hopefully with a bigger screen?
I wish my nexus had a Keyboard :(

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
I miss my keyboard as well, but the Sense one on the Thunderbolt is terribly laggy. For me the most attractive thing about this phone is the 4 inch screen size. 4.3 is too big, IMO.

Still not a fan of Blur- it is my least favorite overlays of them all. Hope Moto follows up on their promise and decrypts the bootloaders. I wonder if this change will happen quicker once the Google merger is passed.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I can't open the video for some reason it goes to a web page that says website doesn't exist

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I miss my keyboard as well, but the Sense one on the Thunderbolt is terribly laggy. For me the most attractive thing about this phone is the 4 inch screen size. 4.3 is too big, IMO.

Still not a fan of Blur- it is my least favorite overlays of them all. Hope Moto follows up on their promise and decrypts the bootloaders. I wonder if this change will happen quicker once the Google merger is passed.

I know we may be in the minority gthotie5, but I agree with you. A four inch screen seems to be the sweet spot, and 4.3 is just a bit too unwieldy for me.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't open the video for some reason it goes to a web page that says website doesn't exist

Hmmm... strange. It's still working fine from my end here. Could you be infected with some form of "redirect" malware?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Hmmm... strange. It's still working fine from my end here. Could you be infected with some form of "redirect" malware?

What is that

Idk what it is sometimes when I click on YouTube links it brings me there idk why

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What is that

Idk what it is sometimes when I click on YouTube links it brings me there idk why

Are you trying to watch it from the droidforums app?