Motorola Droid 3 Receiving New 5.7.906 update Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-Droid-3.jpg

We just got word this morning from one of our astute members that the Motorola Droid 3 is now receiving a new update. The update brings his phone up to 5.7.906 now. Sadly it isn't Ice Cream Sandwich, but it does bring some bug fixes and features. It has actually been rolling out for a couple of days now apparently. A couple of the best feature enhancements provided by the update are improved autofocus performance and reduced shutter lag.

Thanks for the tip, cobravnm13!

sp94axp

Reaction score
OTA Update after Root

I just recently rooted my D3 for the first time. Can someone tell me if I can still expect to receive this update? I am not running any custom rom's, I just removed bloatware.

Darksthour

Reaction score
I just recently rooted my D3 for the first time. Can someone tell me if I can still expect to receive this update? I am not running any custom rom's, I just removed bloatware.

If you actually deleted the bloat then no you will not get the update. However if all you did was freeze the bloat all you have to do is unfreeze then you should get an update notification. However I do believe that if you do upgrade you will lose root. So I would check to see if there is a way to get root again after updating to freeze the bloat again.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Even if you deleted the bloat you will still be prompted for the update. I deleted the bloat on my phone and was still prompted to update. BUT, if you try to update with the bloat removed you will most likely brick. Your best bet will be to SBF to fully stock 5.6.890 and then update. Updating will break root, but if it's anything like the leaks you can use motofail to root. Not confirmed that motofail will work, but it's a good bet to say it will.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Oh, and you're very welcome dgstorm! :D

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

KZ_259

Reaction score
my phone didnt actually prompt me for the update. after reading this thread, i just checked the system version of my phone and it was still 5.6.890. went to system updates and its downloading the updated firmware now. i do hope this does fix alot of the bugs this phone is having

KZ_259

Reaction score
has anyone noticed anything about this new update? ever since the new update, the droid 3 is able to focus on pictures MUCH faster now. i like it lol