Motorola Droid 2 Voice Command Bug Discovered

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;qQtMhtZym6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQtMhtZym6A[/video]

Motorola has had their hands full swatting recently discovered Droid X froyo bugs, but we haven't heard of many issues surrounding the Droid 2. Today, BoyGeniusReport was tipped off with a strange security flaw that might be a tab bit concerning. While the phone is in the lock state and waiting for a password to be entered, pressing down the search softkey for four seconds and announcing a voice command will send your Droid 2 into "does mode" performing the voice request. Weird eh? Check out the video above and let us know your thoughts.. Big Deal or No Big Deal?

Edit JohnDroid: Just confirmed this as working on my phone as well. Don't think it's a huge security issue IMHO.

Source: Motorola DROID 2 security flaw allows Voice Actions from passcode-protected state Boy Genius Report)

Code Money

Reaction score
Not A Deal Breaker

This is just one of the many exploits/dysfunctions of owning a smartphone. This type of thing kind of comes with the territory of owning "new" technology. I'm sure it will be fixed in some future Froyo update. From a security breach perspective, its no big deal really. At least it's not an antenna issue. lol

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
1.PNG
Anyone else notice he was using an iPhone 4 to record with.

ggtus

Reaction score
the calling may not seem like a big deal to some, but they basically have a phone now. and what about the "Go To" function. they can access the internet from your phone.

johntkong

Reaction score
This may just be the hard key shortcut for placing an emergency call while in lock mode.

droidman101

Reaction score
not even close to a security flaw imo, it would be as much as doing an emergency call, sure someone could send texts out to everyone and all but theyd need the names of the people to do so, etc. Now, i dont know about you, but none of my enemies who would be able to do this because they know my friends will ever know about this bug, until this iphone fanboy site(bgr, look at what the people ahead of me posted for proof) reported it.