Motorola Droid 2 receives Update

Uber_Tiny

Reaction score
Well if I could I would. Apparently you are not allowed to edit posts in the Droid News section. Seems odd....

My first impression is that yes it is a bit snappier. Ran Quadrant and got a couple hundred more points out of it. Wireless no longer does the on/off/on/off crack dance when toggled, which is very nice. Overall looks to have improved the speed of the phone.

kapeman

Reaction score
I just installed this update, and it seems to fix more...when I turn on my wifi, no more on/off/on/off cycling and it connected right away.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I'm glad to that I wasn't the only one with that issue and that the update seems to have fixed it.

silvernoodle

Reaction score
the update has made my droid suck. apps that never force close now do, keeps wanting to install certain apps that ARE installed (not updates), is not smooth scrolling anymore, i have to hammer the suggested words on the virtual keyboard to get them to take.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
the update has made my droid suck. apps that never force close now do, keeps wanting to install certain apps that ARE installed (not updates), is not smooth scrolling anymore, i have to hammer the suggested words on the virtual keyboard to get them to take.
Sounds like a bad install to me. Either reinstall the update and hope it works or do a factory reset and see if that takes. If not, contact Verizon and see if they'll help.

bobby_v

Reaction score
I installed the update yesterday . . . I don't notice the wifi cycling on and off anymore, but seem to have tons of wifi connectivity issues. Could be caused more by my router than anything though.