Motorola Droid 2 Keyboard First Pics

ogbobby4

Reaction score
I disagree... The Droid is still awesome even though I don't use the keyboard to often. The Eris sucks and the Incredible wasn't out yet when I got my phone. I love the Droid.. your point is not valid...
come on dude remember the first droid commercial when it said "i dont have a physical keyboard (meaning iphone)...then it said DROID DOES

Sorry to tell you this but in a CNet Prizefight the Motorola Droid didn't beat the iPhone. In a CNet Prizefight the Incredible beat the iPhone. To say that the Droid without a keyboard wouldn't be an iPhone killer is completely untrue. The fact the commercial for the Droid said something about a keyboard doesn't mean it has to have one to beat the iPhone lol. It was a simple marketing technique to display features of the phone that the iPhone did not have. Dont get me wrong here i love the Motorola Droid (used to own one) and it is a nice phone, i also love my HTC Incredible. This was simply to state that it does not need a keyboard to be an iPhone killer.

cnet always leans toward iphone and as i remember it was a tie

GryphonD

Reaction score
Hmm.... the low quality and rather aged look of the pic for potential D2 leave me a bit suspicious, it feels almost more as if a prototype for what is now the current KB. Also I must say that the two left "ALT" buttons and the left "SHIFT" button seem *almost* large enough to negate the lack of current Dpad in favor of Arrow Keys.....

Will see....

sockmess

Reaction score
why are their so many keyboard haters. I love having an actual keyboard.
Reduces the amount of time i have to touch the screen
Accuracy
keyboard short cuts like reset: alt, caps and del, and menu combos

Sure this keyboard can use some improvements, my old phone non smart phone had a great keyboard. But having a choice rather than being stuck with only touch is my preference always.

BuschGardens757

Reaction score
come on dude remember the first droid commercial when it said "i dont have a physical keyboard (meaning iphone)...then it said DROID DOES

Sorry to tell you this but in a CNet Prizefight the Motorola Droid didn't beat the iPhone. In a CNet Prizefight the Incredible beat the iPhone. To say that the Droid without a keyboard wouldn't be an iPhone killer is completely untrue. The fact the commercial for the Droid said something about a keyboard doesn't mean it has to have one to beat the iPhone lol. It was a simple marketing technique to display features of the phone that the iPhone did not have. Dont get me wrong here i love the Motorola Droid (used to own one) and it is a nice phone, i also love my HTC Incredible. This was simply to state that it does not need a keyboard to be an iPhone killer.

cnet always leans toward iphone and as i remember it was a tie
It was a tie.. and completely biased for the iphone

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
why are their so many keyboard haters. I love having an actual keyboard.
Reduces the amount of time i have to touch the screen
Accuracy
keyboard short cuts like reset: alt, caps and del, and menu combos

Sure this keyboard can use some improvements, my old phone non smart phone had a great keyboard. But having a choice rather than being stuck with only touch is my preference always.
I personally would love to have a physical keyboard, the only reason I'm considering a phone without one is because of the HTC_mod keyboard and swype. There a lot of replacement keyboards that are better than the stock one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

toddj

Reaction score
the offset is nice, but I think that the keys should still have space between them. I fat finger a lot of things on my droid as is, and I dunno that this keyboard will solve that.
My favorite mobile keyboard to date is the enV touch. Nice size and space between keys.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
the only time I have used my Keyboard is for rooting purposes or cutting/pasting. I am so use to the Virtual it makes no difference to me what the keyboard does.

dcw9ma

Reaction score
I hated the keyboard when I first got my droid, but found using the touch screen keyboards, even with the thick touch application, to be too slow for lengthy messages. I was determined to learn to use the physical keyboard. To practice using it, I do crossword puzzles with it and have become pretty adept at it. I have learned to use the outside corner of my thumbnails to press the keys instead of trying to put the whole thumb on it. It works really well and I love having the keyboard.