motorola droid 2 bricked need help

surda

Reaction score
i have Motorola droid 2 on 2.2 rooted with bootstrap recovery, everything was workin fine till i decided to install custom rom, which was unleashed epic 2.5 (by mat) and now everytime i turn on my phone it goes into a loop reboots and never turns on all the way.

i have tried using sbf RSDlite to restore it, tried using linux ubuntu(newk8600 method ty btw) method as well to restore it, none seems to work i keep getting errors whenever i try to do it.

however before i installed the custom rom i did full backup using bootstrap recovery but the only way (that i know) to get in recovery is using bootstrap app, so is there a way i can manually get into bootstrap recovery so i can restore from backup?

please let me know, or if you have different method i'll appreciate your help. thanks in advance.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Read this link: My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)
It is for Droid X but Droid 2 Bootstrap works the same way: Specifically this paragraph

What if my phone won't boot? How do I get into recovery without the app?
When the hijacker runs, it will automatically create the "/data/.recovery_mode" file after it finishes. This tells the system that the next time it boots, it should boot into recovery. But, when the system starts, the Droid X Recovery Bootstrap will then delete that file when Android is fully started, to prevent you from booting into recovery. So what does this mean? If you fail to boot, simply pull your battery, and your next boot will be into recovery (unless your /system is *really* hosed, in which case you need to SBF).

If you have to SBF go into the Droid 2 Forum on this site and get the instructions and follow them to the T.

shahjee

Reaction score
i bricked my phone

I did everything right and it ended with rsdlite's status on the phone reading :"failed flashing process. phone [0000]: error switching phone to bp pass through mode (0x70bE); phone disconnected," and my pc giving me a "found new hardware: "QHSUSB_DLOAD" message. I am not able to find a driver for the mysterious new device.

My phone sits unperturbed, still reading "SW Update in progress..." If I try to shut it off, it doesn't respond. And when I battery-pull and put the battery back in, it starts up immediately with a "Bootloader D0.11 Code corrupt..." message.

I cannot make it go into bootloader mode. All it does it what I've told you. plz help me fast friends..............i need immediately help......
sorry for my bad english.......

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 313