Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKleen

Reaction score
march you all will see 2.1 ......

I won't give an exact date but hang tight until next month.

where did you hear this? Its fine if you don't want to tell us. Just want to make sure its legit.:)
yes it's legit. 2 different sources who don't know one another.

I wouldn't spread bad info. If things change up i'll let everyone know but as it stands now we are looking at march.

lol.....................

windstrings

Reaction score
I dont know if this is old but it says that 2.1 is released. Umm im confused.

yes, Its out there.. but so far the Droid has been pasted over because 2.0.1 is good enough for now and they want to incite frenzy in the market place to other products too and not let the Droid steal the show.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with your reasoning.

Here is the step by step guide that I used with no problems. It explains things very well for noobs like me. And there are links for simple explanations of terms if you are not fully aware what they mean.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html

Enjoy guys!

I notice that using that guide says:
In addition, following this guide will cause official Motorola updates to be blocked. So if a new update comes out, you will need to revert back to a mostly stock phone to get the update or wait for them to re-hack the new update!!!
Do you see that as a positive to not be able to receive the OTA updates and if you don't want the updates why?... because you've basically already got everything?.. or do you expect hidden enhancements you may miss if you don't get the OTA?

I do want the overclock abilities just not sure whether to be patient to see if the OTA 2.1 comes out... then I can simply root and overclock... seems the cleanest setup to me?.... but I could be wrong......

Maybe a rooted 2.0.1 with all the 2.1 updates is superior?... any comments?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get the Mini Info Widget - it's amazing - tons of features packed into a little widget.

There is an app called Android System Info on the market which gives a lot of system info including cpu speed and it doesnt require root.

wow that app is amazing!!!! It says we have "sholes" hardware...... this is the coolest App I"ve seen for all the nitty gritty!.... thanks!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'll go with that : )

You do realize this is why people that are privy to this info don't post things of this nature don't you?

But for me I will share the info because that's what I do.

I shared the info, you chose to discount it and I can certainly respect that. You won't be the last one thats for sure : )

Have a great evening Guru
March is too far away. Therefore your information must be wrong..:icon_ devil:

With all due respect didn't you also tell us to expect it in February and to hang tight?:icon_ devil:
nope : )

I didn't hear anything until recently.

Echo3

Reaction score
March isn't that far off. These months have gone by pretty damn fast....it'll be here as soon as you know it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm really not doubting you I just don't want to wait until March.

They teased a January release so I deleted my Home apps because I was sick of them and would get 5 screens any day.

I've been putting up with just three now for a while.

Although the Maps update was very nice and reminded me why I love when updates come.

But MARCH ugh.:icon_eek:

I'll go with that : )

You do realize this is why people that are privy to this info don't post things of this nature don't you?

But for me I will share the info because that's what I do.

I shared the info, you chose to discount it and I can certainly respect that. You won't be the last one thats for sure : )

Have a great evening Guru
March is too far away. Therefore your information must be wrong..:icon_ devil:

nope : )

I didn't hear anything until recently.

choklitcow

Reaction score
I trust you, but at the same time I am a supermod on another forum (fairly popular band) and I generally at least link some form of information with my comments when it comes down to stuff such as this. Even if I have to blur out sources, etc.

allikanbe

Reaction score
March has t h i r t y - o n e long days and nights. But, who is counting?

Is it legal to start a poll? I say March fourth - get it? Like the Droids marching forth. I figure by then this thread should have about 3,000 posts.

rp683

Reaction score
March you all will see 2.1 ......

I won't give an exact date but hang tight until next month.

Thank you Cereal Killer! I, as I'm sure most people do, appreciate you sharing! It's great to hear something legit and positive!

Again, Thank you for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.