Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

onefix

Reaction score
I actually have a question about going to 2.1. Anyone think its worth doing the hack from sholes.info instead of waiting for the official one.

and if I chose to be impatient, is there a way to go from the sholes.info to the official one?

Probably not. I would at least wait for Miami1683 to report back on what he found out.

From his post, it sounds like they really did intend to push out the update today and something strange happened since the original post that made them abort the OTA.

The other reason I would wait is that there have been a lot of complaints about the stability of the currently available 2.1 rom. There are a lot of posts out there about people flashing back to 2.0.1 because of problems with 2.1 and most or all of those problems are all bound to be fixed with the OTA update.

Furthermore, my guess is that whatever it was that is holding up the OTA update will be fixed within the week and we will all have the upgrade by next weekend (or sooner).

MrKleen

Reaction score
I agree, no need to be silly Vulcan. Also feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions for you or help you in any way.

P.S. I've never met anyone that had kids when they were 3 years old, that is amazing.... :)

Soon we will all be upgraded and with big happy smiles on our faces!

Till then...Peace

chops

Reaction score
LOL if everyone is so upset write emails to motorola verizon, and google maybe that will help. The more emails they recieve they might realize how pissed some of us are.

nkcavs23

Reaction score
LOL if everyone is so upset write emails to motorola verizon, and google maybe that will help. The more emails they recieve they might realize how pissed some of us are.

get over it. you'll never use the gallary app and and live wallpapers just use up memory. suck it up and wait until its official

onefix

Reaction score

get over it. you'll never use the gallary app and and live wallpapers just use up memory. suck it up and wait until its official

I can't speak for the other posters, but I'm looking forward to the bug fixes more than any of the new 3D stuff.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, what a great idea. Let's waste their time with pointless emails instead of letting them work on getting 2.1 working smoothly. Do you think they aren't releasing 2.1 just to piss people off? Think.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Personally I am looking forward to both the bug fixes and 3d stuff :p.....

Dmoralize

Reaction score
I'm mainly looking forward to the 5 stock home screens. Right now i'm using GDE with 5 home screens and a skin called "unobtrusive". And coincidently, 2.1 will allow me to ditch that completely and run stock which is what I prefer.

I'd also kinda like for them to update the stock messaging app so that it breaks up long texts into multiple messages when sending to people with other carriers. Right now it seems to just cut them off after 160 characters and that forces me to use the Handcent app. I'd prefer the stock app if they'd add that feature. Doubt that's in the pipeline though.

bobmundo123

Reaction score
Personally I am looking forward to both the bug fixes and 3d stuff :p.....

What 3d stuff.. you mean how the gallery is 3d?...

Also yea, I haven't been checking and keeeping up with this thres.. considering how much it boomed.. 59 pages fellas.. good job staying connected.. =) ... so someone wanna fill me in? Cuz last time I hear 2.1 was going to be released by google.. nd was tol people were gunna mess with the source to have it formated for droid and that would onlt take a few days till someone came out with that.. that was like 2..3 weeks ago.. lol..

Wazz goiinn onn brooskiss

krighton

Reaction score
if they could make car navigation work all the time, and stop that Searching for GPS nonsense i'd be happy. and Flash too.

JLB09

Reaction score
March no date yet. From a software developer who works for vzw

are you saying the update that this thread is about and was expected this weekend is not coming until March?

droidweasel

Reaction score
i wouldnt say march, i would say by the end of this month. they r jus running a lil behind is all, no need to panic.i will say a release date of 29th and itll trickle again,10 k first day,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.