Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Miami has no reason to apologize.. He may have great information, however, me being a Media Tech have seen things that were scheduled, but, due to problems beyond control, had to reschedule.. Lets just wait on Miami and find out what he found out. I'm sure he is prying for info as we speak... :)

-KB :reddroid:

Agree 100%!! I don't want this to be a bash session on him! I was just wondering why he was so active in this conversation this last week when the "mat. update" started to hit and now has not posted anything about the subject now.

I know I got an update Monday the Th around 1100! I am tech savvy enough to know what it was and have checked my build date against others. When I bought my droid I made sure to ask for one that had the 2.0.1 update already installed.

I am kinda of tired of people coming on here to tell people to calm down when in a certain sense most of those people started all this hype. I mean look at today, there are people saying "it's just rumor's and this has gotten out of control so relax and blah blah blah"! Well now they are spinning the propaganda machine the other direction by posting links and passing on he said she said! That is just as bad if you ask me by being a hypocrite!

This is a forum, if you don't want to read page 92 of "another 2.1" thread then keep scrolling on, no one is forcing you to open it! Matter of fact, how many pages did the "official 2.1 waiting room" go to??? Wasn't most of that about snuggie's and pizza? I believe that thread wa also started by a mod! So you can see, some of this hype WAS created by mods so we probably shouldn't be so quick to scald others coming here with their info!

I am going to answer quickly here so not to take up too much of your time. I was quiet today only due to network issues at work (major). I haven't said much because I'm in the middle of something else or was until this was linked to me. Please before you post about me or what I was thinking or posted. PM me. Maybe I'll get a little more in detail.

Now having said that. I have nothing to hide and don't feel like I should have to defend myself :). My sources have been rock solid in the past with everything they have said. every time it starts on time from BB to Droid! I posted what I was told.

Let me state this clear. I do not post to gain attention. We have 30k members for a reason. This isn't a spin machine! IF my source is wrong. I will post it when i speak with him/them. Not until then. Also I don't want any more attention than you do. I am not the top poster here and most likely will never be. I'm good with that.

As far as 2.1 goes. Go back and find my post that said . I am not positive but ....but I am also not negative for today. I opened the waiting area for everyone to post about it and give a place for all to post freely. That's way we didn't have 20 threads open on the one subject. Please feel free to PM or email me at [email protected] if you guys want to talk. I am more than willing to listen and respond as long as it doesn't get silly. We are all adults here anyone should be treated as such :icon_ devil:. I'll be around awhile later but for now. I must get back to a more pressing matter

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What have I added? Nothing... You seem to be missing something here? The info that everyone is hearing all over the place ALL comes from the same place. The message boards..... I may have not added anything to this board yet, but neither is someone that simply re-hashes rumors over and over to get people thinking you are in the know. I will tell you what I know up front about the updates..... NOTHING.

Same as the rest of you. Get off your high horse. It's not about how many stupid posts you've made.
Quality, not quantity...which is something you haven't done yet. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it. The rumors come from many sources, not just DF, and like I said I had been hearing some things too, but not every timeline is always going to be adhered to. If you can't be nice or be an asset to the DF family, then please go away.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What have I added? Nothing... You seem to be missing something here? The info that everyone is hearing all over the place ALL comes from the same place. The message boards..... I may have not added anything to this board yet, but neither is someone that simply re-hashes rumors over and over to get people thinking you are in the know. I will tell you what I know up front about the updates..... NOTHING.

Same as the rest of you. Get off your high horse. It's not about how many stupid posts you've made.

1st mine does not come from other boards. I can assure you of that :). Now let's tone this thread down please. feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. No matter how you put it. we will not let this become a flaming war. Please keep it civil.

newmonium

Reaction score
calm down everyone, clearly the droid 2.1 fairy has gotten everyone's panties in a bunch. Its not at all that people are telling lies or acting privy to things not known. In fact, i spoke to many different avenues being vzw corporate stores moto and have read every page in at least 4 forums and the fact is, there were never any facts. We WILL get 2.1 but this isnt like crackberry because in the end, my droid, 2.1 or not, works WAY better than any leaked os for my storm and i spent WAY more time sifting through the garbage there and bricking my phone. Im as dissapointed as the rest but lets get back to it and realize that for a less than 3 month old device that is currently running close to the latest greatest software with ways to put on the software you do want, the phone rocks.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Read your post to me above... were you being nice? lol I am certainly not going to be told to go away by a 23 year old with ego issues.

I apologize to Miami if I was being a little harsh....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Miami has no reason to appoligize.. He may have great information, however, me being a Media Tech have seen things that were scheduled, but, due to problems beyond control, had to reschedule.. Lets just wait on Miami and find out what he found out. I'm sure he is prying for info as we speak... :)

I am prying hard today. I also want 2.1 as bad as anyone here. I did not root :). so i'm bone stock and wanting some live wallpapers. You are 100% correct that things happen. Sometimes for reasons beyond our control. Just gimme a little while. Until I can get more info. I will post it up for everyone to know as I said in my other post

BostonBill

Reaction score
Miami has no reason to appoligize.. He may have great information, however, me being a Media Tech have seen things that were scheduled, but, due to problems beyond control, had to reschedule.. Lets just wait on Miami and find out what he found out. I'm sure he is prying for info as we speak... :)

I am prying hard today. I also want 2.1 as bad as anyone here. I did not root :). so i'm bone stock and wanting some live wallpapers. You are 100% correct that things happen. Sometimes for reasons beyond our control. Just gimme a little while. Until I can get more info. I will post it up for everyone to know as I said in my other post

Thank you for all your effort.
I appreciate what you are trying to do.
Keep at it. (when you can)

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Miami, I wanted to thank you for your updates. I am hopeful we still might see a weekend release of 2.1 but who knows, maybe it was scheduled to be released today and there was a network issue or something

TimChgo9

Reaction score

Thanks for your efforts to find out what you can. It is appreciated. :):)

onefix

Reaction score
Getting back on to talking about 2.1 ... specifically the upgrade process, I have had my phone since January 1st, so the only time I've seen the phone update is in the store from 2.0 to 2.0.1.

- Is the update pushed from a server or the tower you are connected to and if so, does the notification sit in the network if you are out of range like an SMS message or do you have to wait for your turn again?
- Or does the phone check an update server periodically?
- Does the download happen in the background or once you tell it to update? I seem to remember it downloading the update after I told it to update.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Read your post to me above... were you being nice? lol I am certainly not going to be told to go away by a 23 year old with ego issues.

I apologize to Miami if I was being a little harsh....
If you're referring to me MrKleen, it might surprise you to know if you took that 23, multiply by 2 and add 3 you'll get my true age. I have kids older than you. I will advise anyone who is a new poster if they don't have something nice to say to not say it or go away. I fully support DF, have a lot of good friendships I've made here, and I have helped a lot of people here, so maybe you could do the same?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
MrKleen and Vulcan shake hands and move on : )

Things like this go nowhere fast. No need to drag it out any longer than it already has.

Thanks gentlemen.....much appreciated

evanist00

Reaction score
I actually have a question about going to 2.1. Anyone think its worth doing the hack from sholes.info instead of waiting for the official one.

and if I chose to be impatient, is there a way to go from the sholes.info to the official one?

Status
Not open for further replies.