Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

windstrings

Reaction score
? When it is rolled out how is the order determined (i.e. who gets it when)? Is it by who's had the phone the longest or regional or just random?

The 2.01 was funneled to Santas database and they were divided out based on who was naughty and nice......

I knew I wouldn't get one at all... so I did it manually! :icon_ devil:

Not sure what I'm gonna do this time! :beer2:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
2.1 is whipped cream on 2.0.1

Well said. This is important and should be noted for those that are expecting to be blown away by 2.1

I can only see all the threads "2.1 is not all that different. Anybody feel let down?"

windstrings

Reaction score
I don't want it too different anyway... cream is good.

There was enough people complaining about something as simple as how you unlock the phone was no longer an arch.

People in general don't like change.. unless its adding to what they already have.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Personally I cant wait for 2.1, it looks like it will be adding a lot of nice polish to Android and hopefully the usual round of bug fixes.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get a "system update" this morning? Is there any way of telling exactly what it was/did?

Yes there is a system update seemingly rolling out staggered again. It isn't 2.1 Though it is a OS with a patch in. So we are going to call it a maintenance release. More to come to stay home

badz

Reaction score
Personally I cant wait for 2.1, it looks like it will be adding a lot of nice polish to Android and hopefully the usual round of bug fixes.

Polish and Flash = a win in my book.

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score

Well said. This is important and should be noted for those that are expecting to be blown away by 2.1

I can only see all the threads "2.1 is not all that different. Anybody feel let down?"

Yup and thats just what will happen too. There will be 87 threads about 2.1 is no big deal....whooptie snot...:greendroid:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yup and thats just what will happen too. There will be 87 threads about 2.1 is no big deal....whooptie snot...:greendroid:

Man I hope not. I be closing 86 threads then :icon_eek: :icon_ devil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Man I hope not. I be closing 86 threads then :icon_eek: :icon_ devil:
Now that we've mentioned it maybe we will only get 45 : )

OK back on topic.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
? When it is rolled out how is the order determined (i.e. who gets it when)? Is it by who's had the phone the longest or regional or just random?

The 2.01 was funneled to Santas database and they were divided out based on who was naughty and nice......

I knew I wouldn't get one at all... so I did it manually! :icon_ devil:

Not sure what I'm gonna do this time! :beer2:

:rofl3: Guess I'm screwed then...

Status
Not open for further replies.