Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm now reading this thread for the entertainment value only. I'm amazed at how many people state their opinion of what's going on as if it were fact. Then the amount of gullible people who unconditionally believe it and talk like their world is coming to an end because of it.

The only facts we really know are:
A Motorola forum manager mistakenly posted a link before he should have and then removed it after realizing the mistake. NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED!!! Motorola never said the update wouldn't happen this week so they have nothing to explain.

This thread is a hilarious study in human behavior.

When exactly is the world coming to an end? I must of missed that post.:D

It is pretty amazing how passionate people can get about their phone. Also the sense of entitlement is amazing too. I'm certainly passionate about my Droid, heck I've rooted, unrooted for this update and you know what? If it doesn't get here this week or next I could care less.

DeeMat

Reaction score
I have to admit, I have seem so much more maturity with Android users than Blackberry users... :)

Wake me up when the update comes.

oaklandexplosion

Reaction score
we should totally start a new thread about our thoughts on the actual companies. or is there one already?

thats one of the main problems...most people aren't complaining about the phone at all.. their complaining about the lack of information..then the information.. then the lack of information, then the information....of the company.

for the 7th time... THIS is what people are upset and passionate about.

and again... people take this stuff seriously because our whole lives are in a handheld device now, both cool and scary hehe.

how many of you know more than 5 phone numbers on your phone by heart? how about upcoming events not in your phones calender. it may be a relatively inexpensive piece of hardware but i believe the main reason so many get so upset is because of the perception of what the product actually does.

i cant tell you how much better and easier my life got when i was able to get rid of the 5 small electronic devices i had to carry on me at all times and replace them all with one. pay no mind.. the droid friggin owns.. ive never had hardware probs, never had many software probs (tried the new launcher but it just forced closed all the damn time). i love my droid, the update will come when it comes.

we are the bad things we are in this world most of the time because people are just to lazy to stand up as a unified force and say "this isnt ok..stop it". i look around at the world and quite frankly dont have children because i dont want them to have to deal with this, even though there is so much beauty and awesomeness in it. unfortunately it seems like its more bad than good these days. if we stoped making mediocrity ok, i think the world would be a better place...

now....WERES MY 2.1 update LOL j/k

rkeller62

Reaction score
@oaklandexplosion
I can't speak for the Google -> Motorola -> Verizon triumvirate, but I can speak to software updates when multiple companies are involved.
I work for a large company that releases and supports software versions that are developed by another company (like Verizon does with Motorola's Droid software). The software creator will provide us with what they consider a "final" build. We then take that build and run it through rigorous regression testing to ensure that it fixes everything it is suppose to and doesn't break anything that it isn't suppose to. As a result of this testing, which can take days or weeks after receiving the software depending on the changelog of the build, we will either release the software to our customers or return it to the software creator with what we feel needs to be fixed before the software is released. My company is the ONLY one that decides when the software is released as we are the ones "on the hook" to deal with customers if things go wrong.

I am willing to bet that Verizon is the one making the final go/no go decision. So, until we see an annoucement from them or start getting the update OTA, everything else is rumor and speculation.

rp683

Reaction score
I am a newbie and I have followed this 2.1 update for a while now and I'm as anxious as everyone here to see it come to my phone. So let's hope it's soon (not chopped either).

I'd like to also say that the wealth of information on this forum is priceless. With all the links and blogs that I would never find on my own. That being said, please don't attack me but, why are so many people UPSET that members here, in this forum, complain so much? Isn't that what's so great about these forums? You can complain, VENT and ask questions when most people around you would not be the slightest interested all all in what you're passionate about, in this case, the DROID and in this thread, the 2.1 update.

I like reading these posts, heaven knows my wife wouldn't listen to me! Besides, what else would I do at work?? (kidding)

It's all good!

Reaction score
I firmly believe that the current bugless beast/sholes rom > stock 2.1
We are going to have to wait for a well done 2.1 before we [rooted users] can enjoy it anyways, bet they caught wind of these custom roms and the google/moto/verzion devs got embarrassed that the community was doing a better job.

Reaction score
We are going to have to wait for a well done 2.1 before we [rooted users] can enjoy it anyways, bet they caught wind of these custom roms and the google/moto/verzion devs got embarrassed that the community was doing a better job.

Yeah that's exactly it, you got it exactly right :rating04:

HMJB

Reaction score
:rating00:
IMO, the roms are great but I am not gonna stick around for roms based on old code when the updates come out. I have no problem waiting for root but I expect 2.1.1 to be rooted fairly quick.

superglen99

Reaction score
Droid life posted a conversation they had with a MOTO rep today check it out. It will answer some of your questions. The update is coming "very soon" but no date confirmed and he said to "check back everyday". Can't be too far off people

Cnote187

Reaction score
Droid life posted a conversation they had with a MOTO rep today check it out. It will answer some of your questions. The update is coming "very soon" but no date confirmed and he said to "check back everyday". Can't be too far off people

It was a good interview, really stressed the point lol

styx

Reaction score
The device works perfectly fine as it is,

Perfectly fine, fanboy?

So you have some rare Droid that doesn't have horrible browser scrolling, random force-closes when simply answering the phone, and a worthless camera?

Some of us aren't looking for cosmetics, but basic and major fixes.
You better take it back, I'm not having any of those problems.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The device works perfectly fine as it is,

Perfectly fine, fanboy?

So you have some rare Droid that doesn't have horrible browser scrolling, random force-closes when simply answering the phone, and a worthless camera?

Some of us aren't looking for cosmetics, but basic and major fixes.
You better take it back, I'm not having any of those problems.

Me either. I am on my second Droid. It started rebooting one day in the afternoon. After removing apps and trying to see if it was something I had done I called up, got no joy, had them enter it on my record and went to a store where they handed me a replacement within 10 minutes. It is one thing if a feature isn't there yet like voice bluethooth or flash. It's another if it is just plain broke.

choppy

Reaction score
Haven't Heard a Word

Still have seen or heard nothing about 2.1. What's up!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.